A Fool's Game: Chapter One

A Fool’s Game

Chapter One

Savannah-

            I pulled the silk, burgundy red curtain back from the huge bay window and looked out onto the Beaumont’s beautiful estate. The grass was greener than I had ever seen and the garden was so magnificent that it looked like a winding maze filled with beautiful flowers that were all sorts of colors. To the left, there was a huge pond with a walk way or dock leading out to the middle where a lovely white gazebo with red roses growing up the columns was placed. It looked as if it were pulled right out of one of those old historical novels even though the house itself was a little more than modern. For a moment, I wondered what it would be like to actually live in a place as beautiful as this. In all of my twenty two years of living, I had never seen anything like it; I was never exposed to people with money, huge homes or fancy cars.

            “Ugh, I still can’t believe how much you actually look like her.”  I pulled my gaze away from the stunning sight in front of me and looked over towards Molly, a friend of mine that worked here as well, as a maid. Well, you could say she is the one that had actually gotten the job for me since I was desperate. Along with working two other night jobs, I had to take this one because I couldn’t afford med school and I didn’t have anyone else to pay for it. My parents had disappeared on me when I was a baby so I had spent pretty much my whole life in and out of foster homes. I was just glad that Molly was a good enough friend to let me know about the job.

            I slowly walked over to her and studied the picture of Camilla Beaumont that was in front of our faces. It was funny, as rich and famous as she was; I had never seen the glamorous heiress to The Beaumont; not even around the estate. There was one time, I watched a video on YouTube of her but that doesn’t really count, it was too blurry. I had only been working here for a month, but still. There had been plenty of people that had mistaken me for her before, but this was the first time I had ever seen a picture. For the longest of times, I just figured that people were mistaking me for some ugly old hag, but as I stared at the picture, I realized that they were only giving me a compliment and Camilla an insult.

            In the picture, Camilla stood in what looked like a huge night club because there were neon lights shining in the back ground and other then the lights, everything was dark. She stood there with her long, tanned arms tossed over a couple of other girls that were probably her friends. The funny thing about the picture was that even though there were five other girls standing around, smiling as well, Camilla still managed to look like the highlight of the shot. Maybe it was her flashy, gold accessories that matched perfectly with the green silk dress she wore. Or maybe it’s the bold leopard print Jimmy Choo's and her million dollar smile.  Hell, maybe it as just her overall flawless beauty. Her long, blonde mane of hair fell down passed her chest looking so stunningly perfect that it was almost disgusting to look at; while her emerald eyes stood out like I can’t even explain. Camilla’s body, well it was almost ideal. She stood taller than the rest of the girls in the picture and still managed to rock out those awesome leopard print platforms. Her skin was perfectly sun kissed, and if I had to guess, she stayed like that year around.

            Laughing out loud, I sat the picture down and went back to cleaning the windows. “How could you possibly think that, Molly? She is beautiful! I look nothing like Camilla Beaumont!”

            Again, Molly picked up the picture and scoffed. “You’re absolutely crazy if you don't see the resemblance! You both have the same eyes…hair color…And look! The nose is the same too!” She yelled as she pointed at the picture in her hand.