Liam took me to our lockers and he was making, what he thought it was funny jokes about, apples. Yeah. No matter who he really is, he's madly in love with apples. I mean once while trying to defeat the Dorocha a.k.a the spirit of the dead, he stopped for an apple snack. At least he apologized. Whatever, Liam gave me my scrubs. We both change into scrubs when Jessica came in screaming for our help.

"Incoming trauma, guys! At least three major traumas. Come on, Joel. Welcome!"

"Let's roll."

We went to the incoming trauma door and waited for the ambulance. The first one came in two minutes.

"First one is yours Joel. Welcome to the madness."

The door opened and the paramedic filled me in with the status of the patient.  "Male unknown age, at the place of the accident he was conscious, Glasgow 4, BP 19/9. That's it. "

"That's it? I asked? Ok. Whoha. He's bleeding. Let's see. He has a broken femur and possible internal bleeding. That blood pressure indicates stage one of hypertension. Bring him in. Book an O.R.! Molly! And call an orthopedic surgeon!"

"How is your first day?" Yelled Jessica smiling.

"Busy. I need to get this guy into O.R! But I don't know where it is."

"Hi. You called an orthopedic consult?"

"Hi. I'm Joel. He's femur is broken and he's bleeding internally. Double surgery."

"Fun. I'm David Jennings. Ortho. Let's roll, Joel!"

We went to surgery to save this man's life and David seems like a good person. He's really talented but he talks a lot.

"So Joel. How is your first day?" He asked while operating on the leg

"Well. I've been here for like hm... 20 minutes. Thanks for showing me the O.R." I said laughing.

"No worries. It's fine. Are you new in town?"

"I wouldn't really say that but yeah. I was born not far from here. But. Oh. Nurse can you give me a haemostatic clamp? Thank you."

"You are really fast, dude."

"Thanks."

Ok. He's really talkative. The surgery went well and the man is in recovery and we are still looking for his family and identity. Hopefully he knows who he is.

"Joel! Here you are! How was the surgery?" Asked LiamI

"It went well. Look, could you, I don't know, show me around? I wanted to ask Molly but she is in surgery with Jessica and I really don't know anyone else. I mean I know David, but..."

"Yeah, he talks a lot. Let me grab an apple and we can go."

"Apples. Of course." I said smiling

He took an apple and started to show me around. This hospital is huge. When we got to the emergency room there were so many street people just standing there wanting to get a bed to sleep in. Many things changed in this world but man, this thing it's exactly the same as 100 years ago. Just like now, back in 2014 there were people living on the streets. It's sad that there is nothing the authorities will do.

-      Hey, man. Are you ok? Asked Liam.

-      Yes. Yes I'm ok. It's just sad that there are people living on the street. I said looking once more to the people there.

-      It is. But most of them are junkies. Let's go.

-      Um. Liam. I don't know who to ask you this. But I have three rooms to rent. Would you know someone who's interested?