And since you had offered to dry his things for him, and offered for him to use your shower, and suggested, or more of insisted, that he stay at your house until the rain let up, he was willing to forgive you without so much as a second thought. For you, he thought.

"After you're done, I'll get some of my older brother's old clothes for you. So just stay put, okay?"

Padding up the stairs and making a right, as you'd instructed, he found himself in a room that looked to be yours. There were posters of the popular anime that he knew you watched plastered on the walls. Then there was the electric guitar displayed in a corner of the room, which he also knew you played, but had never heard. Then there were the collages on one wall above your bed, that featured pictures of you and some other friends. And upon a closer observation, he was happy to find that there was a picture of you and him in that collection. Making pride bloom in his chest.

You and him had only become friends because of a mutual friend named Kagami Taiga. You and the gigantic redhead had already known each other for quite a while, as you were in an exchange program in America back in middle school. And you'd stayed in a house just beside his, so you eventually became friends with him. He was glad you were friends with Kagami. Because if you weren't, he wouldn't have become friends with you.

Stepping foot in you bathroom, he spotted the extra towels neatly stacked on one shelf, as you'd promised. The rest of the room was kept clean and tidy. Shampoo bottles kept in a small woven basket in the shower stall, a few products lined across the large surface of the sink according to their height and not haphazardly.

He smiled softly to himself. Of course your bathroom was going to be as neat as you room, which was also as neat as you. Why wouldn't it be?

And with that, he proceeded to peel off his rain-soaked clothes, turning on the warm water and sighing in relief. But the fact that he was in your bathroom made his nerves tingle slightly, and he really didn't know why he was feeling the way he was.

He really hoped he hadn't come down with anything.

You'd finished sorting everything out, with your stuff on one side, and Kuroko's on the other, all of which were soaking the paper towels you'd placed underneath them. You thanked the heavens your grandmother always got the super absorbent ones.

You then brought yours and Kuroko's bags down the hallway into the laundry room, dumping both of them into the washer and turning it on, scheduling for it to dry your bags after it was done with a few presses of the buttons.

You pondered as you went up the stairs. There was something you were supposed to do, and it was nagging you. But you didn't know what is was. Had you sorted everything out? Check. Had you put the bags in the wash? Check. Had you sent your friend off to shower first? Check. So what were you forgetting? Was it important?

Creaking open the door to your room, you were met with nothing but silence, the only light being the setting sun casting a dim glow across the space you called your bedroom.

So you closed the door behind you softly, thinking that Kuroko may be in your grandparent's bathroom, since you didn't hear anything in the bathroom. No running water, no sounds of anyone being in there, no nothing. Even the door had been left slightly ajar, like how you always left it.