Past reveled, yet still in the dark

In the depth of the dungeons, Alec and Jane wore matching sadistic smiles as Skoff writhed and twitched about, shifting from nothingness to excruciating pain every half minute or so. This torture session was a gift of sorts from Aro, so that the siblings could use up any left over rage they had on the man who hurt Sybil. All of this, of course, was in exchanged for Chelsea's pardon.

The twins debated on it for a few minutes. Either torture the loyal Volturi guard who scared Sybil away, or the Russian with a vendetta who physically harmed Sybil. It didn't take long to decide on the answer.

Jane was beginning to calm down, at least. The reminder that Sybil was back and safe within the castle soothed her rage to a degree. Alec, on the other hand, showed no signs of stopping. With it was her brother's turn to 'play' with Skoff, Jane started a conversation with her beloved brother.

"What do we do now?" She asked.

"I was thinking about switching his arms and legs to see how he'd walk."

Jane sighed. "No,not that." She paused for thought. "Well, yes that. But beside this wondrous stress relief I was talking about what now with Sybil."

Alec huffed and shifted Skoff to his the wall. "There's no reason to discuss it. She's back, and she's not allowed to leave. Ever." He said the last word darkly as he had the Russian loose all his senses but touch and watched him grope around the cell.

The sister rolled her Crimson eyes. "Well, obviously." She eyed her brother with suspicion before asking a rather private question. "You call her 'your girl'. Why?"

Alec moved to lean against the wall of the brick-and-venom-sealed cell and gave his sister a curious look. "How do you mean?"

"Mægþ."

Alec froze at the word and returned his gaze to his poor prisoner. "Jane, you and I both know it means 'girl'. We're not so old we have forgotten out mother's language."

"And you and I both know that word could mean 'bride' if used in the right context."

"What made you this the context implies that?"

"You said, and I quote in modern English, 'He was a fool to touch my girl/bride'."

"I said 'to touch the girl.' No possession!" He shouted in defense.

"You referred to her as 'my Sybil' before we left to retrieve her." She teased.

Alec scoffed, turning from his sister.

Jane chuckled. "You're not retorting because you know I'm right."

"There's nothing to retort, you're just delusional, sister."

Jane laughed aloud. "I'm delusional? Alec you have never denied your feelings. Granted, usually you feel apathy, but now with Sybil you're all-" she stopped suddenly, a wicked grin curling in her face.

"What? Im all what?" Alec demanded.

Jane giggled like a child and leaned closer to her brother with an ecstatic grin on her face. "Do you think she's..."

Alec looked at his sister dumbly. "Think she's what?"

The blonde giggled again. Skoff, free from Alec's fog, screamed in pain from Jane's power.

"Do you think she's you mate?" She managed out between her fits of laughter.

Alec froze at the word. Mate? Sybil? Surely master Marcus would have noticed if Alec had mated. Though, it would explain the rapid loyalty and sudden protectiveness. And the anger he felt when he imagined Sybil away from the Volturi, and, by extension, Alec himself.