"I'm just nervous," I say but then I tilt my head as I realize something. "Who were you texting? You don't text anyone, not even me."

"No one," he mutters and I cross my arms, knowing good and well that he's lying to me.

"Since when do you not tell me stuff?"

"I don't know," he says and rubs at his face with his hands.

"Just tell me who it is."

"It's just Skylar," he says nonchalantly and I immediately smirk at him as he blushes. "We've just been talking a little, it's nothing."

I decide to leave Liam alone and not tease him about Skylar. It's obvious that he likes her and as his best friend I've decided to let him figure that out for himself. As far as I know Liam has never really liked anyone before at all. Maybe this Skylar girl will be good for him.

"Looking handsome Scott."

Liam and I turn towards the voice in the doorway and I immediately feel a sense of discomfort when I see him standing there. I have one mind to move behind Liam and hide my body from the home invader but I decide not to. I can't let anyone else bother me while I'm prepping this dinner for Abby and I.

"What're you doing here?" I ask as I busy myself with setting up some candles around the room. "My Dad said he would keep everyone out of the house tonight, including you."

"I just had to drop some files off that I left at the office yesterday."

"I bet that's not the only thing he's dropping if you know what I mean," I hear Liam mutter and I raise my eyebrows at him in confusion. He mouth 'the soap' to me and points at his butt. I shake my head at Liam's antics and walk around him to grab some candles from the cabinet. I open the small cabinet and grab one of the vanilla scented candles. I turn around to walk back to the table but nearly scream when I turn around to see Carter standing directly behind me.

"Dude what the hell?" I quickly move around him and look at the clock. It's five minutes until 6. "Get whatever files you need and get out of my house, I don't want you here when Abby gets here."

He backs away with his arms up in surrender. I look at Liam and he gives me a little salute before walking out of the front door to go back to his house. I quickly walk around and light all of the candles, set the table with the food my private cook made, and take my spot at the head of the table as I wait for Abby to get home.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

6:00- I realize that I forgot the bear I bought her in my room and run up to the room to get it. Carter walks past me on his way out and stares at me in a perverted way again.

6:30- Abby still isn't home yet, but when does she ever make it home on time?

7:00- The food is starting to get cold and I'm not sure whether or not I should leave it out or put it in the microwave to reheat it.

8:00- I give up on trying to call Abby after the fifteenth time that it goes to voicemail.

9:00- Most of the candles have burnt out and I've reheated the food to eat for myself.

10:00- I turn on the TV but I can't pay attention as my thoughts are clouded as to where my girlfriend could possibly be right now. I end up staring at my phone as I continue to wait. Maybe she got caught in traffic.

11:00- I blow out the remaining candles and put her food into the refrigerator. I slouch in the chair and decide to give her more time. Maybe she got caught in really bad traffic.

12:00- Our anniversary is officially ruined.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hallo there wattpad people, how've you been? I've been pretty stressed because finals are right around the corner again (next week) and instead of doing my homework like I should be, I'm typing up a new chapter. So here ya go.

What'd you think about Abby not showing up like she promised she would?

How do you think Scott is going to handle it?

Thoughts on Carter?

Do you want Abby's P.O.V soon, or would you rather stick with Scott?

Instagram: Lilchocolatedonut
Snapchat: momo36235

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan