I'm out of the room before he can even murmur another word. I escape down the hall and back to my girlfriend.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I open my eyes and I Iditarod grin. Today is Abby and I's anniversary. I've decided to set aside all of the drama that I managed to stir up and spend the day with my girlfriend. It's a Saturday so I'm pretty positive that she doesn't have any work today. I roll over in the bed and look at where Abby sleeps but sigh when I see her side of the bed is deserted.

I slowly climb out of the bed, pulling a t-shirt on and walking out of the room. I yawn as I walk downstairs and into the dining room which is where I find the rest of my family.

And Carter.

When I walk in and he gives me a once over I then become very self aware of the fact that I'm still in my boxers. I uncomfortably walk behind the counter so he can't see me. I spot Abby having a conversation with my Mom and I don't want to yell across the kitchen to interrupt her but I also don't want to risk Carter staring at me while I'm walking across the kitchen in my boxers. Who knows, he might start beating himself right here if I did that.

"Abby!" I shout and she stops whatever conversation she's having with my Mom to smile over at me. We holds her finger up as her way of telling me to wait a minute. She turns back to say something to my Mom before they share a brief hug. I look over at Carter and see that he's staring at me as he licks the spoon he's using for his cereal. I cringe internally as he continues to stare at me. Abby finally stops hugging my Mom and walks over to me.

"Good morning," she happily kisses my cheek and I smile down at her.

"Hey," I lean against the counter and she grins up at me. Someone seems to be in a good mood this morning. "Why're you all dressed up?"

"Carte and I have to go organize some of your Dad's stuff," she turns around a grabs a brief case. "Some files got messed up I guess. I promise we'll be back before 6 though."

She doesn't give me a chance to complain as she gives me another peck and rushes out of the room.

"Happy anniversary to you too," I sigh. I look up and see Carter still staring at me and I remind myself to lock my door before I go to sleep tonight.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"So how do I look?" I ask Liam nervously. He doesn't answer me for a second as he continues to type away on his phone.

"I'm sorry what?" He asks putting his phone into his pocket.

"I asked you how I look," I mess around with the bow tie that I'm wearing on my black tux.

"What do you expect me to say?" Liam shrugs. "That you look attractive? I can't do that because unlike Carter I'm not gay."

"Liam," I growl at the topic he's decided to bring up. "I told you never to talk about that again. Just tell me whether or not I need to pick another outfit."

"Just kept that one on," he says nonchalantly. I'm really regretting not asking Daniel to help me instead. Daniel wouldn't been a lot more honest than Liam is being. But I haven't seen Daniel all day and Falon's been out with Anna so I had to turn to turn to the most distracted human being in the world for help.

"You aren't any help at all," I groan and he looks up at me with a look of annoyance plastered on his face.

"I just helped you set all of this up," Liam gestures to the table that's surrounded by roses. It's the evening and I'm setting up for the anniversary surprise dinner that I have for Abby. "I'm not here to compliment you, I'm here to help."