Chapter 2

*Days later"

Sunkit's POV:

    I heard a soft giggle beside me, probably my sister talking with our brother, they have both opened their eyes and are the color of green, whatever that is. "Come on Sunkit! Open your eyes, Mamma won't let us leave the nursery until you open your eyes" My sister said "Quiet little ones, he will open them when he is ready" My mother said lovingly. I then felt  a body come down on top of mine. My eyes shot open in pain as I turned to see who it was "Oww" I whined trying to stand but end up falling back down on my nose. I lifted my head and sneezed while a piece of moss fell from my muzzle "Sorry Sunkit! Me and Oakkit were just playing" My sister said "Oh look! You have opened your eyes darling" A cat said sitting in a nest of moss, she had the smell of my mother so that must be her "What color are they Skyfeather?" My sister said "That is the color blue my darling" She said "An extremely pretty blue" she said looking me in the eye "How come our eyes aren't blue?" My brother asked, Skyfeather just shrugged "Anyway, Im Echokit, your sister and this is Oakkit, our brother" Echokit said bouncing up to be "See mine and Oakkit's eyes are green like Skyfeather's" Echokit smiled "May we go outside now?" Oakkit asked "Yes, I will come with you and we can find your father" She said leading us outside. "I had no idea where to look, so much going on. "What color is my fur?" I asked "golden" She answered "With darker stripes" Oakkit said "And My fur is blue with cream spots, and Skyfeathers and Oakkit's fur is just brown" Echokit smiled "Look kits, here comes your father, Tigerspark" Skyfeather smiled "What color is that?" I asked while staring at his pelt "brown and white black stripes, like a tiger and elders will tell you about tigers later" Skyfeather answered. Tigerspark had looked up from his conversation with a bright colored cat and can bounding over with the other cat following. "Oh my Starclan! Sunkit has opened his eyes" He said bounding over and licking the fur on my head, and I giggled. "And Oakkit and Echokit!" skyfeather said. "What color is that?" I asked my Father while looking and the other cat "This is Snowheart, her fur is white while her eyes are yellow, she is second in command" He said licking me again "Hello!" I said. I learned most names and a few colors and herbs, where all the dens are and I even met the leader! That was cool. "I can't wait to be and apprentice!" Echokit said while we slid into the den. "Me neither! Hunting and fighting sounds so fun!" I said as I looked at her, but ran into another cat. I looked up to see Quietstream "Hi Quietstream! Why are you in the nursery?" I asked. She laughed, "I'm expecting kits, I thought I was gaining weight but they'll be here soon" She said "Who is the father?" I asked "Flamestorm" She smiled "Can't wait! We will have new friends!" Oakkit said and we climbed into our nests and cuddled next to each other.

Berryleaf's (Medicine cat) POV:

    I am aware that Tigerspark is lying and is forcing Skyfeather into a lie. I am aware that there are only two kits because I helped birth them, Echokit and Oakkit, I have no idea where Sunkit came from. Tigerspark claims that he has had 2 sons and a daughter but that isn't true. The scent the kit had when I met him, It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite get it. In fact I have noticed that Tigerspark has been a little less keen to do his warrior duties and would rather snooze. He also has a really bad temper and is starting to snap at others for the smallest things and he is even forcing his younger brother to bring fresh kill to him every now and then. Whenever Sunkit talks to him, Tigerspark is suddenly bright and happy like he used to be. Im kinda hoping that Sunkit will be Tigersparks apprentice and bring a little more life into Tigersparks life. I'll have to talk to Lionstar about that. I am currently in my den sorting herbs when I felt a nudge into my side. I looked over and Sunkit was there. "What has happened" I asked kinda worried "Nothing, I just wanted to learn a little about medicine  cats and see were my options lay" Sunkit explained "Oh well, of course!" I said, I'm getting a little older but I have heard nothing from starclan about Sunkit being my apprentice, plus I was hoping that Tigerspark would be his mentor. But possibly this strange kit will be my apprentice.