New ↠ Yamaguchi Tadashi

Começar do início

"We had history class. Sensei doesn't give a crap whether you sleep or not as long as you don't blame him for any failed grades."

"Though, of course, if you want notes, you're going to have to earn it." Yamaguchi doesn't even question the blond anymore. He knows his best friend well enough- Tsukki does favors, but only for high prices. Although the megane is definitely less harsh on him.

Tsukki picks up his chopsticks. "Your dream." He states, already knowing Yamaguchi would be willing to talk about it.

"Is it still-"

Yamaguchi nods pathetically. "Disguised. Better than those dreams where she doesn't appear at all, and I have to understand some deep metaphor." Tsukishima is silent, waiting for him to continue talking.

"I, well my past self, didn't even talk to her... I mean, she was an inanimate painting."

If Tsukishima found it amusing that the closest clue Yamaguchi had to find his soulmate was a masked woman in a painting, he didn't show it.

Tsukishima probably would have laughed if he didn't already know the distress it would cause Yamaguchi at times.

"What era?"

"Renaissance Europe, I think. Everything looked really fancy..." There isn't much to say anymore. Tsukishima doesn't tease him, which makes it all the worse for Tadashi.

The blond clearly knew he was upset.

"Tsukki, what if I never had a soulmate in my past lives? What if the same happens this time?" Yamaguchi questions, lightly chewing on his lip.

His friend still does not speak, but he seemed to be thinking.

"Yamaguchi, when did you start getting glimpses of her again?" Tsukishima inquires.

Yamaguchi's eyes dart to the side, trying to recall the date of the first dream he's had where he wasn't completely alone.

"Two months ago." He's not sure of the specific date, but he remembers the dream so vividly, clear as a typical summer sky.

She bumped shoulders with him, and while he had not seen much of her, she was wearing a derby cap, shades of red and purple on her clothing. Her hair was (h/c), cropped short. He could not see her face, did not know the sound of her voice, but he knew that she was supposed to be his soulmate.

The morning after, he recalls calling Tsukishima right away, considering he was the only one who knew of his... dream issue.

He recalls Tsukki cussing for waking him up so early, but Yamaguchi was simply too delighted to even get a glance of her.

Now Yamaguchi Tadashi feels like the Gods above were mocking him. Like a kid with a prize dangling in front of him, near enough to gaze at, but too far to grasp.

"Is that so?" Tsukishima finally responds, and Yamaguchi sees the gears in his head working- but on what?

"Are you planning something?" Yamaguchi asks, more curious than suspicious.

"No. Anyway, I think you'll find her soon." Tsukishima is pretty much known to be crap at consoling and comforting people, but Yamaguchi appreciates the effort.