[34] Just Pretty Mindblowing?

"Yes, that's what I mean," he chuckled softly and pulled her a little closer. He thought she was absolutely adorable, and he couldn't believe this was actually happening. "Now I get why you did all those things. And what matters the most is that you changed your attitude towards me, and .. I have to admit I really like you, in case you haven't noticed.." He chuckled and rubbed her back gently. "I just can't quite believe you actually want a second chance with me." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Well, I do.. Because you're different, you're special. I like that. I can't quite believe this is happening, but it's not as scary as I thought it would be.. That's a good sign, don't you think?" She asked and looked at him curiously. She was still hugging him, but she wouldn't want it any other way. "I'm not the best at all of this.. I don't have a lot of experience, as you know now. And I don't have any good experience at all." Ellie wasn't scared of being honest with him anymore for some reason. She knew he wouldn't judge her at all.

Brian nodded, gently rubbing her back. "I know, but I don't have a lot of experience either, y'know? But we'll figure this out. We're both smart people, right?"

Ellie chuckled softly and nodded. "Yeah, you moreso than me, but sure. We will figure this out. Oh by the way. Smart reminds me that I still have to give you something." Carefully she got up from the couch and walked over to her desk. She looked through a bunch of papers and then returned to Brian, who was watching her with a smile. "Here you go. This is yours.. I'm sorry I kidnapped it, it was an accident." She flopped down next to him and gave him a book.

"My textbook!" He exclaimed surprised and looked at her. "Why do you have my textbook? I've been looking for it, I thought I forgot it in Truro."

Ellie gently took it from his hands again and browsed through it. "It's interesting, really.. I borrowed it last Saturday in case I needed to kill time before your gig, and then I forgot it in my handbag so.. it ended up back here with me. I had no idea space could be so interesting."

"You think it's interesting? Are you just saying that? You know you don't have to lie about stuff like that. It's okay, really."

Closing the book, Ellie shook her head. "I'm not, I mean it. I read a bit here and there to distract myself from photography stuff. It's really interesting." She smiled at him and leaned against him again. "And I also meant it that it was strange, but interesting to hear about astronomy stuff after sex. It was what made you stand out, y'know? You were happy and cuddly, you didn't try to do strange stuff.. I liked that. A lot actually, which - as strange as you will probably think it is - was a big part of the reason why I ran out. Because I was too comfortable." Ellie shrugged and looked at the cover of the astronomy book.

Brian chuckled a little and wrapped his arm around her. "You are a paradoxon too, y'know? Not just the time travel story from before, but you. The more comfortable you get, the more you freak out."

Ellie chuckled and shrugged. "I guess.. but I don't think that's going to happen again with you. I'm comfortable but it doesn't freak me out like it used to."

"If it does, please don't run away again," Brian immediately told her, looking at her intently. "Talk to me, okay? Please.." He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her a little closer.

Gladly Ellie snuggled closer to him, nodding. "I promise. And if don't, then you should remind me, really. Because I have a feeling I might not always notice. I just really don't have any experience with this.And I feel like I tend to mess up."

"I get that, don't worry. And I promise I'll help you as much as I can. And if I ever get too much, like with the jewellery, then please tell me. I don't want to scare you away." Brian gently caressed her arm.