Chapter 4: Universal What?

"I'm going to have to ask you girls not to panic once I tell you this...,"

"It seems that we are experiencing a 'Universal Glitch'"

...........................

"Eh?" the girls looked at the professor, confused.

"Don't tell me you don't know what a Universal Glitch is," the professor said looking surprised.

"Okay, we won't tell," Momoko said.

"Oh, girls, use your common sense," professor said while massaging his head.

"Last time I checked, common sense isn't so common around these parts," Miyako said putting her hand below her chin.

"Ugh, just... you know... it's like a video game glitch but... you know, it's on the universe," the professor said trying to explain.

"Oh, right, right... so what does that have to do with us again?" Kaoru asked confused.

"Uhm, I don't know for sure but... I think that's what caused your powers to stay," the girls finally looked interested, "you were supposed to lose all light Z rays in you, but because of the glitch, your DNA structure fused with some of the light Z rays in your body at the very last second."

"Wait, what caused this universal glitch anyway?" Momoko asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, it seems that HIM's volcanic hooha and you girls tampering with spacetime by timetravelling has something to do about the universal glitch," the professor said.

"And?" Momoko asked for him to continue.

"Look, girls, I don't think that this is a matter that should be talked about through the compact, you'd better get here to the lab as soon as possible to talk about this matter," the professor said.

"We're still living under the same house rules?" Miyako asked.

"You bet!" Poochie exclaimed excitedly.

"Yay! Free cake!" Momoko cheered.

"We'll be there in 30 minutes, professor," Kaoru said.

"Good. See ya girls!"

"Bye professor!" Momoko said as she closed her compact and placed it back on her belt.

"I'm so excited to see the professor again!" Miyako exclaimed happily.

"And the free cakes!" Momoko said as she was thinking of what flavors of cake to order.

"Yay!" the two said happily while jumping up and down.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, let's go you two..." Kaoru said and pulled the two daydreamers along with her.

(Time skip! Brought to you by cakes and fashion magazines everywhere!)

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Come on in, girls!" the professor said as the door automatically opened.

"Woah, upgrades," Momoko said looking around the lab.

"It kind of feels weird being back here after a while, don't you think, guys?" Miyako said also looking around.

"Whatever, it's only been like two weeks, not much has changed actually," Kaoru said in a matter of fact-ly tone.

"Girls! Come over here!" the professor called.

The girls went to the living room where the professor, poochie, and Ken are. As the girls entered the room they were tackled by Ken and Poochie.

"Welcome back!" Ken said as he hugged the girls.

"We really missed you!" Poochie said jumping up and down.

"Oh man, we've only been gone for two weeks, get a hold of yourselves," Kaoru said standing up.

"Oh yeah, what was it you want to talk about again, professor? Something about the universe and video games, right?" Momoko said trying to remember the term that the professor used.

"Well, you sort of got it," the professor said sweatdropping. "It's actually something that I call a 'Universal Glitch', and as you girls must have guessed, it's pretty bad."

"Uhh, how is it bad? We don't seem to be affected that much, and it's the reason our powers stayed with us, right?" Miyako asked.

"But that's just the beginning, girls, let me explain the picture here," the professor said and gestured Ken to go to the computer.

Ken pressed the keyboard and clicked the mouse. Then a picture of the Dynamo Z appeared. It was just before the Dynamo reached hyper speed and disappeared to the past.

To be continued...

A/N: Well I've been making crappy cliffhangers and chapter endings lately... 😑