˝C'mon babe, don't be—˝

          I snorted, ˝Some babe I am. Look, Mitchells, this isn't hell yet and I always stick to my words. Now f*ck off.˝

          ˝Katrina, you know I'm sorry! I didn't mean it at all! It was an accident— Kat, I miss you,˝ he sighed, tears welling up in his eyes.

          I pouted at him mockingly, wiping imaginary tears away from my face, ˝Boo hoo hoo. I feel so guilty. I'm sorry... Let's get back together. I can't stand being apart from you too...˝

          I thought I saw him smile when I made an action to hug him and he stepped forward willingly. I rolled my eyes and smacked the back of his head as hard as I could, making him wince in pain. That's more like it! For a moment, I thought you'd need some help, Kasey cheered in my head. Good girl decided to make an appearance, but at the wrong timing, Kat, we shouldn't be doing this! It's bad! I internally pointed the bird at her, F*ck outta my mind. The cheater deserves it.

         Carrying on, I dropped the act, ˝Like bullshit, Mitchells, wake up! This is Beaufort freaking High! I literally rule this place! And my first opinion on cheating guys still stands strong; once a cheater, always a cheater. Hmm... Who would be an excellent example for that? Let's see... Yourself! Leave me the f*ck alone, you cheating fishhead.˝

          He opened his mouth to talk again and I shoved the upright finger in his face. He gaped at me in shock and I ignored the expression, whipping out my phone to text Chase. But before I could even type an alphabet, he arrived with the plaster in his hand.

          ˝What's he doing here?˝ Chase growled.

          I shrugged, telling him to ignore the cheater. He pasted the plaster onto my slightly bleeding wound and helped me up and we walked through the doors of the school together, Eddie with a fake, longing gaze trained on me. Pssh, I thought, If you really liked me you wouldn't have cheated.

          ˝Let's just enjoy this party and forget about that player,˝ I said, hoping to release some of Chase's tension.

          My hopes were squashed when I felt him tense up even more and wondered what word I said had made him react that way. But my questions were pushed to the back of my head as Chase pulled me into the Gym and onto the 'dance floor'. Guess we'll have to wait till later to ask, Kasey sighed disappointedly in my mind.

          I agreed but put on a smile as Chase went into the 'classical dance position'. And by that I meant my head on his chest as we swayed side to side slowly to the music of Hold Back The River by the cohort's all time favorite singer James Bay, getting lost in the music.

          I looked to my right as secretly as I could, my heart sinking in jealousy. The sight of the couple was too much for me to take and I forced myself to look in the other direction. Chase held me closer, stroking my hair as if trying to tell me that he didn't want me to turn in their direction again.

          At first, I felt a lump forming in my throat as my nose went sour. The tears were welling up, that I could tell. But then, suddenly, the weight of them stopped adding on. Just when I thought they had somehow been blinked away, a droplet of salt water slid down my cheek. Oh great, stupid Eddie got me to cry at a school dance. The Queen, crying at the school's Valentine's Masquerade, I thought, hitting myself in my mind. I had a valid reason to, though, considering the fact that my good friend of seven years had cheated with my childhood friend, my ex boyfriend, on me. Stop thinking about them cheating! Kasey yelled at me. It was clear that she had enough.