Chapter 14

Chapter 14 - The Garden

"You're kidding me," I grumbled, squatting down the floor while holding my head, "This is going to give me a headache."

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Just a small problem but that's okay. We can get through it, trust me," Jake assured me, crouching down next to me. "Why don't we go to the front desk and see if they have anything to eat. Food makes everyone feel better."

Instead of saying anything, I just nodded my head. Jake stood up and extended a hand out to me. Grabbing it, he helped me up and took me over to the reception desk.

༺༒༻

"So what happened exactly?" Aphmau asked me, sitting next to me on my cot.

"I was attempting to talk to Travis and as soon as I said hi to him, Garroth came over and tried to get me to go see a campfire that they didn't have. So, that kind of ruined things. As soon as Jake came over to ask what Garroth was doing, he said that Travis promised him that he would help put their stuff away." I swung an arm over my eyes, attempting to block the sun coming from the window.

"Maybe Travis really did promise him that," Aphmau suggested, shrugging her arms.

I sat up, facing toward her. "Then why would he say that he wanted to take me to see a campfire first?"

In response, Aphmau sighed. "You should try to talk to Travis when he's alone. That way no one could bother you."

"But how can I get him in one place alone? Goodness, if Jake just didn't lie about anything then this would have never happened."

Aphmau gripped onto my shoulder, "It happened, now you have to move on. And don't worry about it, I've got you covered. Be at the entrance of the garden at 7, I'll take care of the rest." Without thinking, I hugged Aphmau, thanking her repeatedly. "Now go and unpack your stuff," Aphmau told me, "We're going to be here a while."

༺༒༻

"Jake," I said as he opened the door, "I need to talk to you."

Jake took the toast out of his mouth and held the door open for me to come in. Without hesitating, I walked inside and sat on one of the small chairs inside his hut. "What do you need?" Jake questioned me after he swallowed a piece of toast.

"I want to tell Travis that what you said was a lie. Aphmau told me that she could get Travis to meet me alone at the entrance of the garden at 7 today."

"Do it," Jake said calmly, leaning on the wall.

"What?" I asked him without emotion.

"Go ahead and tell him."

I clenched my hands, "Really? You're kidding me. Now you're letting me tell him?"

Jake dramatically sighed, "Everyone else seems to be interfering with my plan so I think it's better if we just abandon it."

"Everyone?" I questioned him, leaning forward in anticipation.

"Heh," Jake said, scratching the back of his head, "I tried to talk to Travis today and Laurence interrupted us as soon as I greeted him. He said something about watching the clouds with him." Jake then took a moment to think before starting to speak again, "Have you ever thought he was gay?"

"What?" I asked him, "No. Why would he love me if he was gay?" (Maybe he could be bi but that's not technically just gay- just want to point that out)

"I don't know. At times you act pretty guy-like." I slapped Jake on the shoulder, making him laugh. "I'm just kidding. But if he is into guys I guess that isn't a big problem for me."

"Excuse you?" I replied sassily.

"Kidding! I'm just kidding!" Jake yelled while I hit him with the pillow that was on his cot. "You know I like Reese."

"You don't joke about that!" I screamed at him. My head shot toward the window when I heard the bushes move.

"Maybe a bunny," Jake shrugged.

I glared at him, making him put his arms up in surrender. "I said I was kidding! Don't actually kill me!"

I let out a small chuckle before laying his pillow back on his cot. "I'm going to go back now," I told him.

"Don't have too much fun," Jake winked at me before I left.

༺༒༻

I anxiously waited at the entrance of the garden. The silence was terrible, all I could hear was my beating heart. Now would be a great time for him to show up.

"(Y/N)!"

I spun around, looking inside the garden only to see the one and only Garroth Ro'Meave. I inwardly groaned, slowly swiveling back around to try to pretend it was just a dream.

"(Y/N)," Garroth called out again, "What are you doing just sitting here? Come on, let's go inside."

"No, I'm waiting for someone," I glared at him, attempting to make him scurry off before Travis got here.

"Let me guess, you're seeing Jake here. Well, correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the guys be waiting for the girls?"

"Shut up," I snapped at him, "And no, I'm not seeing Jake. It's none of your business. Now please leave me alone."

Garroth stood there blankly before responding, "Why don't I wait here with you? It's dangerous for a girl to be out here alone."

"No," I told him, "Please, I need to talk to someone alone."

"(Y/N)?"

I froze up, reluctantly turning my head to see the person I've been waiting for.

"What are you doing here?" Travis questioned me.

"I want to talk to you about something," I told him, turning my whole body to face him. "This things has been a total mis-"

"I don't think he wants to talk to you," Garroth interrupted me.

I looked back at Garroth, having to give him a death glare before continuing. "Everything has been a misunderstanding, Jake and I-"

"I don't want to hear about it," Travis spoke up, his usually sparkling green eyes now dull.

"But-"

"You heard him," Garroth sassed.

"Listen-"

"Shut up everyone," Someone intervened, "Let us explain."

Jake walked in from the garden and stood next to Garroth, holding his shoulder in a death grip.

"I'm gay."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I hope you all have a wonderful break. I'll keep you guys updated about some stuff on my message board. For example, I said that I was not going to post for a while on there and some of you might have missed it so that's why I've been gone. I've kind of needed a break to refresh a bit. (Plus, it was getting to the end of the first 9 weeks of the second semester and I think you know how that week is.)

I hope you have a wonderful day/night lovelies!

- Author~Chan