Just Maybe

[Forewarning: This scene is an adorable Melizabeth scene!!!]

Elizabeth POV

My eyes slowly opened and met his. He was right beside me, his emerald eyes staring into mine. "Meliodas...." I panted. I was out of breath and a little dizzy- but I was alive. He put a finger to my lips. "Don't worry. Everything's okay. Gowther is coming shortly with some medical supplies and a doctor sworn to secrecy about our identities." My eyes closed, reassured that Sir Meliodas would protect me. It's almost like that one time when he was hurt and I was beside him.

Maybe all I am good for is changing Meliodas's washcloth. I tried to save him from himself, and now I've got all of the Sins worried sick about me. King kept giving me berries that helped me see a little better. Diane-- well, she just talked to me through the window. Ban came and brought Hawk, which was crying for a little while. I assured him that I was not dead and would still be his best friend. Ban was trying to keep his cool but I know he was a little stressed too. Merlin stood beside me and just said, "Love makes you do crazy things, doesn't it." I nodded, feeling foolish of what I did....

But Sir Meliodas. He would come every hour to check on me, and he gave me all sorts of little flowers and such. I bet he feels bad for me going out after him. It's not his fault. It's mine. I should have let him have his little time but nooooo I had to go after him. Stupid, stupid!!!

That's when Gowther came in. Another tall and lean man stumbled in beside him. "Good evening, Princess." He bowed in reverence. I opened my eyes and slightly nodded my head. However, I was thinking- how is a man with both of his arms in casts going to perform surgery?

"Okay," The doctor commanded. "As you can see, both of my arms are broken."

Sir Meliodas went into shock. "HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN?" He whipped around to Gowther. "COULD YOU MAYBE HAVE CHOSEN A DOCTOR WITH WORKING ARMS???"

Gowther shook his head. "All of the other doctors either detest working with the Seven Deadly Sins and would in no way keep the secret that the princess is hurt to the King or they're out of town. It is a holiday weekend."

Meliodas pouted and slumped in the seat beside my bed.

"Well," the doctor stated, "If Merlin... was it? Yea, if Merlin hadn't broken both of them when I asked who pink-hair and herself was, I could easily get this done in an hour." I could hear Merlin's hysterical laugh from the other room, followed by Ban and King's.

"Anyways," he continued, "Gowther will be performing surgery. Everyone else please step out of the room."

Meliodas just sat there. The doctor's head turned to Meliodas, implying that this was his chance to leave, but Meliodas sat motionless in the chair.

"Umm...." he asked. "That includes you, Sir."

"Uh-huh. I'm not moving." Meliodas replied.

"Sir---"

"I SAID- I'm not moving."

"But---"

"If you haven't forgotten I'm CAPTAIN of the Seven Deadly Sins, meaning I could GIVE YOU BROKEN LEGS TO MATCH YOUR LITTLE WORTHLESS ARMS!"

Meliodas was obviously angry about leaving. He cleared his throught.

"What I'm trying to say is that I swore to protect Princess Elizabeth, and I intend to keep her safe every second of her life! And you're trying to make me break a promise set in stone? I DON'T THINK SO!"

"Sir Meliodas....'" I cooed. "Please calm down......I don't like it when you're angry."

His face turned the color of his tie as he plopped down onto the chair- in absolute silence.

"Please" the doctor said. "I really need to focus. The area she was hurt in is a very delicate piece of the human body and if something goes wrong, this can cut off her brain waves. Please, no distractions. Please, if you want to protect her, you have to leave me in peace."

Meliodas looked at the doctor, then at me.

"Sir Meliodas," I coughed. "I'm going to be fine. I'll be the best waitress you've ever seen when I'm finished. Please. I'll be fine."

And he swung over to me, softly picked me up into his arms, and we fell into a kiss.