The Showdown

Narrator POV

Zeldris strutted out of Elizabeth's room, examining every nook and cranny of the dungy tavern. He intentionally slammed his heels in the ground, hoping to attract some entertainment for him. To his surprise, no one came.

"What the heck?" He mumbled as he approached the door to Meliodas's room. It was obviously labled, having tons of scratches, overdue bills wedged through the boards, and a huge sign reading "OWNER OF BOAR HAT".

"Oh, so that's what he calls this pigsty." Zeldris sneered. All of the sofas were abandoned, ripped, and the stuffing poured out of the once tightly stitched pillow. The tables had boot marks on them and water stains from the beer kegs resting on them for far too long. The little petty excuse for a rug slept under the legs of the tables and couches, having all of its fibers spread around the room. It was indeed, a mess.

Once again trying to stir up come trouble, Zeldris knocked on the door, waiting for an answer. All he could hear was shuffling inside, indicating that someone, or something WAS inside.

"Brother, I know I am a little early, but may I still come visit you? Mr. Hendrickson let me out early-" He snickered. Zeldris himself was a little surprised about how fired up he was to fight the one person, and of all people, his own older brother!

Tired of waiting for an answer, Zeldris snapped the doorknob off of the door and kicked it open. Expecting to see his brother, he was shocked to see

Just
A
Tiny
Pig.

"The what----" Zeldris said, but was cut off when out of pure awe, his jaw dropped. There, posing behind him, were five of the legendary Seven Deadly Sins. They were everything he ever expected them to be. I mean, he had never been able to meet them, until now.

Meliodas hadn't changed a bit, except maybe instead of wearing all black, he was wearing a black vest, a baggy shirt and pants far too big for him. He held a sword Zeldris recognized as a gift from Liz. Meliodas's face was serious, showing no mercy towards him; family or not.

Beside Meliodas was Ban, Fox Sin of Greed, standing a good two feet taller than Meliodas. He had a red leather jacket and pants with metal studs sewn into both, alongside shoes of a similar, yet darker color. He looked like he was ready to pummel someone to the ground, a grin stretching across his face.

On the other side, was a child, it appeared, with a long spear floating beside him. It was King, Grizzly Sin of Sloth, King of the Fairies. Zeldris was oblivious to any of the stories of the Fairy King's Forest, so to him, this kid knows how to do magic tricks. He wore an orange sweatshirt, with blue lining and a blue background. His brown hair was brushed back neatly, and he looked like he was ready to beat the heck out of Zeldris.

Beside him was girl, no a guy, yes, a guy. Zeldris had no earthly clue of who the heck this pink-haired person was. His glasses slid to the edge of his nose, and his shirt was tightly buttoned. Grey sleeves snuck from under his shirt, and he had pants and shoes to match. He held a lightning bolt in between his index and middle finger, zapping every once and a while, eventually aiming at Zeldris.

Merlin was behind them all, one of the only people Zeldris recognized. She looked at him, waved, and got back into her stance.

"But, how did you know I was here?" Zeldris whined. "I wanted to surprise you." Zeldris held up his hand, about to snap his sword back from his satchel. But Meliodas grabbed his wrist, almost breaking every bone with his unearthly grip.

"You're mad because I went after her, aren't you?"

"I'm mad that you'd ever show your face in here!"

Zeldris widened his eyes, implying that his infuriated older brother answer his question.

"You should really do a better job of concealing your appearance. I heard you coming into Elizabeth's room, and I had to risk getting all of us in here to pummel you to pieces. Now, get out."

Meliodas was not going to permit a second longer with his little brother sneering in front of him. He was done, infuriated that he would have the nerve to talk to Elizabeth. Zeldris had hit his pressure point, and all demonic power that was ever in him was about to boil forth in rage.

Zeldris planted his feet in the ground, ready for a fight. He had waited for this moment for years, hundreds of years, and the people behind them were only witnesses.

"Get out."

Zeldris felt a large hand coil around his body, and pull him towards the window with immense speed.

"Ah, thank you, Diane!"

With one throw, Zeldris was sent soaring away. He would come back soon, but this would buy Meliodas some time to check on Elizabeth. He sprinted into Elizabeth's room, flinging the door off of its hinges, praying that Zeldris hadn't done any damage to yet another love of his life.

"ELIZABETH!" He cried as he fell onto the bed, hugging her with all of the strength he had in his heart lingering on for her. She stroked his head, knowing that everything would be okay, that he would come save her- she tried to make his loose hair sticking from the top of his head tame as it probably once was, but it stuck straight up- hopeless.

"Don't worry- he won't lay another finger on you. I'll make sure your safe, and keep my promise."

"I promise."