Chapter Six: Rancorous

an: haven't revised. bwt sorry for the late update.

     The smell of Chinese takeout wafted in my bedroom. I was indulging in my Sesame Chicken drenched in sweet and sour sauce on top a fine fried rice. Melanie and Delaney wouldn't shut up about Joey coming into my house to check on me. As much as I wanted to tell them nothing happened I was much more satisfied with my chicken to even bother.

     "He massaged her feet.  She loves that."

 Melanie scoffed and looked up from her plate. "No, he kissed her and she gave it up."

     "Faith? You think Faith gave it up to Mr. Coffee guy because he was her heroine?"

     Melanie quickly averted her eyes to Delaney and let out a recoiled breath. "That's way better then massaging her feet. He's not her husband. It wasn't romantic. "

     I swallowed my chicken and frowned.  Were they really debating this? Obviously neither one of the two things happened because yesterday wasn't the time or place for either or. Luckily,  I didn't tell them about Noah showing up at my door step. I could hear the scenarios now. Delaney would swear it was a threesome and Mel would ruin the whole thing by adding her crazy assumption. Besides even if I had they would lecture me. Between Joey and Noah, Noah is the least favorite since the break up. For some reason they have their hopes on Joey.

     I wanted to keep Noah and I on the low until I knew I wanted him back in my life again, and this time for good. A small fragment of my mind wanted Joey to like me back. Then the rest of it knew we were just "friends" in his eyes. I was so into my thoughts I hadn't noticed Delaney and Mel were eating and discussing the hardships of running a business.  "We didn't fuck."

     Immediately after that Delaney threw her fork down and shouted "In your face." The serious look on her face alone was enough for you to cry tears of pure joy. "And he didn't massage my toes either," I suggested raising an eyebrow. Delaney quickly sat down while Delaney let out a soft chuckle.

     "He was a gentleman, " I said. I took a long swig from my Sprite bottle and sighed. " A little to much of a gentleman if you ask me," I groaned.

     Melanie looked up from her rice and moaned. "He's gay," she implied. "Now who will you fuck?" I rolled my eyes.

Delaney cleared her throat and picked up her bottled water. "He's not gay," she said.

    "Thank you."

   "He's obviously trying to get the cat while making you meow."

     Mel and I quickly looked at her and then at one another as we shared wide eyed glances. I couldn't help myself from laughing because Delaney's comparison was so random that it made the whole thing as weird as she was. How the girl always managed to be outright and bold never crosssed my mind, but I loved her for the simple fact that she was never afraid of herself or even the truth for that matter.  Delaney was all the woman I longed to be. Energetic, bold, and hilarious. Nothing is more better then a girl with a sense of humor.

      "What?!" shouted Melanie.  "That makes no sense."

As she shoved her egg roll in her mouth she said "Sure it does."

     For some reason I could not stop laughing. My sides were beginning to ache and if I didn't stop laughing I would die of laughter I was sure of it. But Del's cat comparison was just the spark I needed to forget about going back to work, to let go of my emotions, and relax for just a moment. We ate quietly for the rest of the while.  "What time is it," asked Delaney.