Chapter Four: Serendipity

     My mind was running fast,catching up to it seemed to be impossible. Everything was a jumble,nothing seemed to make sense. But,wasn't that life? I began to think that through while I folded the whites. Titanic was on and It caught my eyes almost every other second. Their was something about this movie,no matter how may times I've watched it,I always watched it with so much interest. I was tired and fatigued from paying with the children,but I wouldn't have it any other way. My eyes had skipped over the note to Jordan. I hadn't wrote on it in a while. I had to send it soon before I forgot. I hadn't visited his grave cite in a while either,and I owed him that.

     The house was warm and permeable everything seemed to pass through the not so thick walls tonight. The murmuring of voices,bantering,shouting, and every know and then crying could be heard. Life was at ease,everyone and everything seemed to rotate with the Earth,all in sync. I had yet to finish folding,but that was okay. It's not like I had any plans for tomorrow or the next day or even the day after that.

     I had wished over and over that It would be more easier. That I could go out and mingle,live the single life or at least get around a few times. But every chance I got. I didn't . After all Jordan was still here in spirit. I could feel him every know and then. But,with Joey I had felt something. Something that drew me to him, happiness and serenity. It felt good to confide in him, a friend. I still hadn't talked to Delaney,mostly because I hadn't been to Tom's Wine and Beer. Sam was still fresh on my mind,and I prayed she was okay. Something I lacked of doing since Jordan left. 

     Noah had text me a few times.And I made no intent to reply back. I was still harvesting on my anger. I wasn't even sure I wanted to try things again,not now. Not since...Joey. He asked for my number and a phone call that night,but I was to coward to give it to him. The movie was still on,and the clock read midnight. I decide that it was time for me to sleep and I did,peacfully.

     The coffe smelled heavenly. Vanilla. I had yet to try the sugar cookie. I let it wake me and soothe my cores. The steam rolled of it unto me and kissed my skin. The warmth was compacted in my small apartment. Nothing but silence was heard. I mentally went over my schedule. Part of me wanted to go to the Brew just to see if he'd be there. But wouldn't that be stalking? I  turned on the Wii and immediately went into my Zumba fitness.

     "That's it.Now,over to the right.Take small breaths." 

     I leaned over to the right,stretching all muscles until a few popping noises greeted me. I followed the lady kicking my knees up when she did,and crunches to. I had yet to conquer the push ups but I was on it. The house phone rang,that seemed to vibrate through the whole house. I didn't get many calls,so I pressed pause on the game system and decided to answer. "Hello?"

     "Hey,it's me." I had that feeling of weightlessness,this was the call I had been praying on. I felt myself breath and then a wide smile displayed on my lips. "Sammy," I said ,"Im glad you called. I was beggining to worry."

     I could hear a small little chuckle and she spoke again. "Yea,sorry. I was trying to figure things out. Uh,listen," she began. Her tone had changed,she sounded scared,upset. Her voice was muffled up with something. Anger? I couldn't tell. "I need somewhere to stay...until I get my own place. I just really don't want to be here..." her voice trailed off. "Then come here,you're always welcomed here. I can pick you up."

     "No," she said. She had said it a little to quickly if you ask me. "I'll be there. And thanks,Faith. I-I owe you."

     "You don't owe me anything. Conisder it a gift. I'm cooking dinner so don't be late."