Chapter 2

No

No

No

No. This can't be happening. I can't deal with this. "Which friend of dad?" I said calmly clenching my fingers into the chair arms. "Adam is-was an old friend from your father's college h-" I cut her off. "What is his last name?" "Patterson. Bailey, we already tried looking him up. There's nothing."

Shit

"Did you go to the police, did they do anything?"

"Bailey, we already have. We even brought our lawyer into this. He says we can't do anything."

"How can't we do anything? Sue him!" I feeling that I'm losing my control, but couldn't care less.

"With no one to sue. We can't sue him or go to court if he isn't here. We have been getting calls from the police with no trace of him. We can't do anything."

"Why didn't you told me this earlier?"

"We didn't wanted you to stress about this. To focus on school." That doesn't have any use anymore now I won't even go to college. Or any college.

I stood up feeling anger taking over me. Why aren't the police doing anything! 'No trace of him' my ass.

"They just didn't look good enough. Wait, how am I'm going to college? They just cannot let that guy get away with my money. My future." My parents looked down not saying a word to each other for the first time. I turned to my dad.

"Dad, please tell me that they will give me money for it or something?"

He looks back at me with pure defeat and shook his head.

"Bailey. I'm s-" No.

No

No. I couldn't do this I ran up to my room biting away the sob that's about to come out. There has to be a way about this. The thirty thousand dollars can't just be gone like that. I enter my room and go immediately to my laptop. There have to be something about this bastard.

~~~

There's nothing about this bastard. I couldn't find anything about him. Google apparently has only the knowledge about a glitter vampire bad boy actor than a filthy money taker.

I sighed at myself grabbing my pillow to yell in it. The sound got muffled, but not well enough when I heard a knock on the other house window.

I looked irritated up to Carter Reeds who was ruffling his blond locks and looked at me with his green eyes.

He's a pretty known guy from my school that lives next to me I had one class together, but really didn't talk much than to apologize about the noise complain from our families.

He waved with a smile at me. I waved back faking one. He did his thumb up and down signaling about my mood. I thumbed up, not wanting to bother him with my problem.

He crooked his head to the side knowing I didn't meant it. What usually makes me smile didn't this time.

I shook my head so he would get the message. He did and nod his head in understanding. I went up to the window and closed the curtain.

I went back to my bed closing the laptop and grabbed at my heart necklace. It was a gift from Lexi and Eva for my birthday. I know I shouldn't be carrying it, but it's kind of my lucky charm even if it doesn't exactly pursue its deed.

My head was pounding. I'm been thinking too much.

I changed into my pajamas and turned out my light not even bothering stressing about my where I'm going to sit at lunch.