e l e v e n

Scott's POV

"But there's no way he can take Stiles' power, right? I mean, he's pretty much the most powerful being in the world," Liam stutters, and Stiles gives him a half-smile.

"He proves a good point," I add. "If everything Derek said is true, you're pretty much invincible."

Malia nods along. "Couldn't you just kill him with your little magic brain thing like right now?"

Emily sighs. "His powers don't work like that." She takes a seat beside Hayden while Stiles kneels down to Nate and speaks to him in hushed voices.

"What do you mean?" Mason asks, becoming slightly uncomfortable as Connor takes a seat on the floor by his feet.

"Before we elaborate, tell that freaking chameleon that he should stop eavesdropping and make his presence known." Stiles snapped before returning his attention to Nate.

My head snaps to Connor who has Corey in a chokehold. "Woah, woah! Let's think about this here! How about we just calm down? I'm with them! Right, Mason?" Mason nods his head quickly, and Connor rolls his eyes and tosses him to the younger boy.

"How did you know that he was there?" I stutter, and Emily smiles.

"It's one of his powers. He can sense it. However, I'm more concerned by the fact that you didn't know. Can't you hear the heartbeats?" She furrows her eyebrows, and Maddie raises her eyebrows.

Derek stands. "You learn to tune them out when you have to focus on something more important, like a pack intruding on our land," he mutters angrily.

Maddie raises her eyebrows with a smirk, almost daring him to do attack. With Stiles' guard down, I can smell the extra blood coming from her, so I conclude that she must be the vampire-witch hybrid.

"Derek, you may want to close that pretty mouth of yours before Miss Emily burns it closed," Peter tsks as he takes a seat on the spiral staircase.

Derek opens his mouth to retort, but Stiles cuts him off. "Oh looks like our time is up for today. We have someone to meet." He smiles.

"Who are you meeting?" I couldn't stop the question from slipping out, but Stiles didn't look upset.

He smiles almost too sweetly. "We're having one of the only people in this town that didn't kick me out over for dinner." And then his entire pack disappeared after that verbal kick to the gut.

Ouch.