Chapter 2

Louis' POV:

Monday at school after the game on Saturday was amazing. Everyone cheered for the team when we entered the school, congratulating us on our win and about going to playoffs.

 "I still can't believe we're going to playoffs!" I said to Niall once we made it through the crowd of people.

"I know! It's crazy! But a fantastic way to near the end our senior year, yeah?" He said, a huge grin on his face. Niall and I have gone to school together since primary school and have been best friends since then. I went to class, continuously getting praise from people throughout the day. By 6th period, I felt exhausted and I didn't feel like doing any work in Calculus. It amazed people that I managed to have straight A's in all my classes with having football and a part time job after school. It was tough but I handled it. I sat in my seat, my head resting on the desk as I waited for class to begin.

"We have a new student, class." Mr. Blake said and I zoned out.

*    *   *

  I threw my bag over my shoulder as I walked out to the football field for practice, my mind whirling with tiredness. The rest of the team was already on the grass, passing balls back and forth.

"There's our amazing captain!" Zayn said as I walked past him and he ruffled my hair.

"Hey Zayn." I said and the team gathered around me, waiting for me to speak. "Alright boys. We had a really great game on Saturday. Now we are in the playoffs!" I said excitedly and the boys cheered. "We need to keep up the good work. Let's start practice with some stretches, yeah?" We got in our lines, me in front facing the players. "Legs apart, bend and touch your left foot." Niall glanced up at me and smirked. We did our stretches and they crowded around me again, waiting for the next task. "Next, we'll run two laps around the field, no walking." They all groaned but they laughed, that how it went with us; we could joke around but be serious. I ran in front of them, breathing in through my nose and out my mouth, pacing myself as I ran. I glanced at the cheerleaders that were gathered in front of the bleachers, stretching. One in particular caught my eye though, the only male cheerleader. He was tall, long legs that were exposed since he was wearing shorts, and had medium-lengthen, messy, curly hair. He looked up and my heart fluttered; he was beautiful. He met my eyes and smiled. I smiled back and wasn't really paying attention to wear I was going, running right into the soccer net. I quickly sat up, detangling myself from the rope.

"Keep running lads!" I said as I stood up. They ran past me, giggling with smirks on their faces. Niall walked over to me, a knowing look on his face.

 "And what got you distracted?" He said with a smartass tone. I glanced back over at the cheerleaders and met the guy's eyes again, my cheeks getting hot as I saw him smirk. "Ah, the new guy. I knew you'd like him." He said and I motioned for us to continue running. He was my best friend and during a drunken night together, I had told him I was gay. He was the only person that knew, I was too afraid to come out to everyone else yet.

"How do you know him?" I asked as we ran side by side.

"He's in my environment class... and he's in your Calc class. His name's Harry." I felt disappointed that I didn't know he was in my class. "He's new here, today was his first day."

"Oh... I was practically asleep in class today."    

----            -----             ----             -----

We finished our practice and as I walked to my car, I was sad to see that Harry was already gone. I opened my back door and threw my bag on the seat, sighing.

 "That was a nice fall out there." A voice said and I jumped, hitting my head on the car door. I turned around to see Harry leaning against my car. "Didn't mean to scare you. I'm Harry. I'm in your Calculus class."

"Yes, I'm Lou-"

"I know who you are... Captain of the football team, Louis Tomlinson." I nodded, closing my door and looked at Harry. He was much taller than me, maybe by 5 inches. He had green eyes and some tattoos on his right arm. "What are you doing tomorrow after school? We should hang out." Damn this kid was blunt. "I wanna get to know the neighborhood and town..." I thought for a minute.

"Yeah. We can do that." I said and he smiled, making my heart skip.

"Perfect."