Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ①②

Start from the beginning

Liam sits up and uses a hand to turn Zayn's face towards him, "You're my friend as well. I do not wish to see you hurt in any way. Physically or emotionally. And I'm sorry if I can't do more to help other than offer my friendship in this moment"

Zayn exhales deeply, "I feel so drained, Liam"

"Then relax your mind for a while" Liam smiles at him, his words are soft and his eyes are warm, and Zayn allows it for a moment, allows Liam to take him in his arms as they lay back again and hopes that Liam's steady beating under his head would calm him down. "Do you still feel the air suffocating you?"

"It always will, Liam" He replies quietly and closes his eyes. He also allows himself to enjoy the nature surrounding them. Faint calming noises that he really hopes they reach his mind, and he wonders if this is a normal life, if he can enjoy his moment of peace away from politics just like Harry did, and he taps his fingers lightly on Liam's chest along with the wind's movement over the grass, feeling his mind shut momentarily with Liam's fingers brushing through it gently.

"Interesting" Liam jolts to a sitting position, pushing Zayn to the side and making him snap his eyes open in confusion, and he almost groans out loud when he sees Harry standing with his arms crossed and a glare in his eyes that's mostly directed to Liam.

"Harry-"

"I thought I ordered you to deliver the shipment and be back at the castle afterwards"

Zayn watches as Liam stands up, head bowing, and he fights the urge to stand up too and yell at Harry. All he asked for was a quiet moment.

"I did, and I got informed that I'm free for the rest of the day so I-"

"Leave" Harry interrupts him, "I do not wish to hear your excuses"

Liam bows again, "Yes, your majesty" Then he leaves. Zayn stares after him for a moment before he pops himself up on one elbow, a glare on his eyes as Harry returns his gaze to him. "I should let you know that you could be seen and accused of adultery which would be tough to clean your reputation afterwards"

"Oh please" Zayn rolls his eyes, "Because obviously the rumors of you sleeping with nearly two girls a day didn't already ruin what's left of my reputation. Add that to me being locked in the tower and the rumors following" He gives him a too sweet smile, "Don't lecture me"

"I'm the king. I'm allowed to do whatever I please" Zayn glares at him again. He doesn't have to remind him of that. But Zayn isn't giving him the satisfaction of even bowing to him in respect. He keeps his position, half laid down as he picks the basket of fruits again and ignores Harry.

"Suit yourself" He mumbles as he grabs a bunch of grapes.

Harry definitely doesn't let the thought of him being there instead of Liam invade his mind. He still doesn't know the reason Zayn only trusts Liam and treats him as a close friend no matter what he did. And he also doesn't let his gaze linger too much on Zayn in his silky dress. But he sits next to him, adjusting the pillows so he can lay down as well and watches as Zayn pauses for a second.

"Your presence is the most annoying, my king" Zayn turns to him again with that too sweet smile but Harry doesn't comment on how fake it looks on Zayn, but he's closer as he leans back on one elbow, his other hand tapping over the pillow in an annoyed manner.

"That's disrespectful"

"We agreed for me to be honest and tell you what's on my mind"

"Great, then I'll be staying for some more time" Harry smiles too to match Zayn's own until Zayn isn't smiling anymore and he sits up annoyed. "We're invited to a party"