o n e

[new edit 2020 -
if this is your first time reading, be sure to check out the remastered version (titled Assassin - Remastered) for better quality writing, thanks!]

Started: 25/02/2017 19:06
Finished: 25/02/2017 22:03
Completed: 25/02/2017 22:21

"I just can't believe my own son is higher up in the ranks than me." John mumbled over the phone.

"Dad..." Stiles whined. "Technically, I'm not higher than you because the ALA isn't the police force."

"Yes, but-"

"No, I don't want to hear it. You can talk my ear off about it when I get home. I'm only an hour away, so it shouldn't be that hard." Stiles interrupted sternly.

"Fine. Don't even try and run off to your friends when you get back because I am going to 'talk your ear off about it'." John replied.

"Ok, bye Dad. I'll see you in about an hour." Stiles hung up and started his Audi R8 V10 Plus, given to him by the ALA.

He still treasured his Jeep, but Roscoe had been through a lot and was on his last legs. Stiles would rather wear out the Audi than kill his beloved Jeep.

------------------------------------------------------

Stiles made it back in three quarters of an hour, surprised the traffic had been so good.

"Dad!" He called happily as John held the front door open for his son.

Stiles dropped his backpack by the door and threw his arms around his dad.

"What did they put you on? Steroids? Geez, I never thought you'd ever have this much muscle." John exclaimed.

"I never thought I'd do so much exercise." Stiles laughed, pulling away from the hug.

"I still can't believe you're higher than me." John stated as he made his way into the kitchen.

"I'm not higher than you!" Stiles whined. "I'm not even part of the police force- I'm in the ALA."

"Which is a branch of the police force."

"I give up." Stiles huffed, sitting heavily in his seat.

"Scott's probably going to call you in about ten minutes."

"Cool."

"You thirsty?"

"Parched."

"Here." John handed his son a bottle of beer.

"Thanks." Stiles mumbled, gulping down half of the cool drink.

"So, where'd you have lunch?"

"At a service station around two hours ago." Stiles checked the time. The clock read three thirty.

"Do you have to stick to a diet or something now?"

"Yeah, it's like yours. I would say I feel sorry and you don't have to eat it anymore..." Stiles paused to laugh at the excitement on his father's face. "But, I have to eat it, too, so no."

They both laughed for a little while, until Stiles' matte black iPhone 7 rang, another gift from the ALA.

"Scotty!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Bro!" Scott yelled.

"Dude, how are you? I haven't spoken to you in, like, a month. I'm so sorry, I just had exams and everything and-"

"I know. I'm great. What about you?"

"Awesome, thanks."

"You should see the muscle on him!" John called, throwing his bottle in the bin.