You Belong To Me

"You belong to me." He said as he rolled my chain in his fingertips. He kept twiddling with the metal in his fingers and its starting to get annoying. The end of the chain was locked tightly around my neck, but still loose enough to breathe. However, the constant tugging from his destructive hands made suffocation a lot easier.

I kept quiet, not knowing what to say. I know I belong to no one, but then again, everything I thought I knew has turned out to be a lie.

"What's wrong? Why so quiet?" He whispered in my ears as he winded my chains around his arms.

I still don't know what to say. What am you supposed to say when you're kidnapped and told you aren't your own?

"Answer me Tyler!" How does he know my name?

"H-how do-" I stuttered.

"Know your name?" He interrupted. I nod because my mouth is so dry I can't speak words. That and I don't really know what to say.

"You'll find out. Right now though, I'm the one asking questions. And you will answer or there's going to be-" he stops and aggressively grabs the chain around my neck and pulls it close to his body. "Consequences." He continued. I was kneeling on the concrete floor below me and he stood empowered over my shoulder. I feel like a child being scolded in time out. Not that I usually went to time out. My childhood had always been very clean and protected. I was the kid who always scored perfect scores on tests. I was always smiling and made everyone laugh. I didn't reject the less popular kids or make fun of anyone and I was always my teachers favorite. That was then. That was before I found out my whole life was a lie.

"TYLER!" The mystery man screamed as he hit the back of my head. I must have zoned out again. I often do. My mind gets a hold of me and I completely ignore reality. It's both a blessing and a curse. Right now it's a curse.

"Sorry. . . " I apologize. "It happens sometimes." I thought he'd try to hurt me, but his threatening gaze softened. He let out a long sigh.

"I know. Can you just try to focus for a little longer?" I nod but I can't make any promises.

"As I was saying, do you know anything about the Zoroastrian?"
I'm so lost. I only know two words that start with a and that's zebra and zig zag. Wait, is zig zag two words? Three then, I know three words that start with z.

"Tyler?" He urges.

"Never heard of it. What is it?"

"Something beyond your understanding. Let's get this straight, you don't know anything about the Zoroastrian, you don't know about your past, and you don't know who I am?"

"No clue. All I know is when I woke up yesterday and found a note by my bed reading,'your life's a lie, get out while you can' I could ignore the note, assuming it's a prank, but being the curious boy I am, I listened to the creepy notes advice. I ran away, but then I was snatched up by you guys. That's all I remember, you knocked me out and here I am. That's it." The man dropped the chain and paced around the small room I was locked in. "Everything okay?" I ask, though I know the obvious answer.

"I don't want to have to explain anything to you yet. I need you confused, weak, and defenseless."

"You got all those down." I mumble to myself. Apple fly I don't say it quiet enough because he heard me and immediately snatched my leash from the floor. He yanked me to the ground and dragged me out if the room. While I am glad to be out of the cramped space, I think I liked breathing better. I feel my face getting red as my blood has no place to go. I can't get any oxygen in. I know he hears my exasperated gasps but he refuses to give me a break. My vision gets blurry so I don't get a full view of the scenery around me. All I know is this long hallway seems to carry on forever.