Chapter IV

~ [f/n] POV

"K-kouyou-san..." I could feel nothing but fear swelling up inside me.

She's already staring at me. Which makes me even more uncomfortable.

I shift my gaze towards the table and ask, "How do you know my name?"

"Chuuya told me."

It seems like a lie, but the tone of her voice makes it believable.

Still I wasn't going to trust her.

I'll ask Nakahara-san.

"Why don't we talk about something else?" I look up to see the female before me giving me the light smile she has been.

Returning the smile I reply. "I would like that." A soft 'hehe' escapes my lips before I know it.

We begin to talk about the pictures I take.

It begins to feel like she's interrogating me. Asking what kind of things I like or don't like. So I turn the tables.

I begin to ask questions about her, Nakahara-san, their boss. Just what kind of person they are. I wouldn't dare to ask about the Port Mafia.

Before I knew it the two of us were picking at our food. Stopping between bites to talk to one another.

And it hit me once more. Nostalgia I mean.

She left the personality of Nakahara-san for last. He is like the boy I used to play with when I was a child. However I don't remember much.

While talking, a name I've heard before seeps into my ears.

It seems to be irrelevant so I ignore it.

Once we finish our meal, we sit giggling and laughing over old memories.

"When I was a child I would play with a neighbor or I at least think he was." The fear in me completely disappeared from my mind. "I would pretend I could fly and I think once I actually convinced myself I was."

Her smile disappears for a second, but it reappears almost as quickly. She then takes out her phone to maybe check the time.

"We should get going now." She places money on the table. "Chuuya should be getting home soon."

She stands up and I follow. The memories once again enter my mind.

I won't be able to accept this for a while.

As I sigh, the being in front of me looks my way. As if she was told to.

"[f/n]-chan, do you know how it was determined you are to stay at his house?" I believe she does not want there to be a silence between us.

"Nakahara-san?" I question.

"Yes."

I speed up to walk by her side.

"N-no I do not..." I spoke in a quiet voice, audible to only her.

She glances at me then opens her mouth, "He asked." the words spill out. "He kept asking until he got approval."

"May I ask why?" I questioned.

"No, you have to ask him if you want to know more."

Silence falls between us once more. I can't help but wonder why she told me that so suddenly.

It weighs on my mind until I finally notice the scenery around me.

The sun has begun to set, making the sky turn into a light shade of orange.