Chapter II

~ [f/n] POV

Here I am, sitting inside a café waiting for my order. Across from me is the male I snapped a picture of.

I glance up from the ground to see the man looking out the window beside us. In that moment the waitress comes.

"Here is your order. Cheesecake for the female and green tea for the male. Enjoy." Having done her duty the female leaves the scene.

As I reach for the fork the male before me speaks. "You actually have a sweet tooth, huh."

"Y- yes..." Out of fear I keep my eyes on the cheesecake.

"I won't do anything, miss photographer." I look to find the male already drinking his tea.

"U- um... It's [l/n] [f/n]." I figure I can at least tell him my name.

He places his cup down and looks up at me.

"I'm Nakahara Chuuya. The one who told you to run away and the one you took a picture of." His lips curl up a bit forming a small smile.

I flinch. "W- why did you bring me here?" Minutes before this man stopped me and said the words 'come with me'.

Out of fear and curiosity I followed him here.

"To ask you: why did you take a photo of me?" His small smile disappears.

I sit in silence. The voices of the other customers is the only thing my ears can hear.

"You don't have to answer immediately. Today is one of my rare free days." The male known as Nakahara-san takes another sip of his tea. "You will stay by me until you answer though."

My eyes fall back onto the cheesecake. Slowly, cutting a slice with the fork in my hand and eating it.

Silence fills the booth we sit in once more.

"N- Nakahara-san..." The male's steel blue eyes look up at me. "I did it because... I hoped to see you once again."

The determination in me could be heard in my voice and seen in my [e/c] eyes.

"I hoped I would be able to thank you..."

The male has a startled expression painted on his face. And just like that, his soft smile reappears.

"You're welcome [l/n]-san."

"Do you take jobs?"

A bit confused by his sudden question I ask, "What kind of jobs?"

"For example, taking photos of someone for money. Those kind of jobs." The male replied.

"I do." I answer his initial question. "May I ask why?"

"My boss has been wanting to hire someone to take photos." He willingly answers.

As I was about to speak, I was interrupted by a ring.

"Oh speak of the devil." I watch as Nakahara-san answers his phone and leaves the table.

I stare out the window beside me. The sun has already begun to go down.

I decide to take advantage of the scenery and snap a shot. Looking down at the camera to admire the photo after.

"I should go outside..." I mumble to myself.

Silence envelopes me as I get quiet.

I push onto the arrow key to scan through the photos I've taken. Chuckling to myself as I catch a glimpse of a piece of graffiti.

The small smile plastered on my face soon disappears as I remember the events from before.

"Come with me." The silence was interrupted by the familiar voice.

The male lightly taps on my hand signaling me to stand up and follow.

"U- um... Where are we going?" I ask.

"I told the boss about you. He wants to talk to you." The ginger has a light twinkle in his eye.

"W- what's your line of work?" A small amount of regret fills me immediately after questioning the male.

Nakahara-san was silent until we exited the café.

"The port mafia." He looks down at me. "Do you know about it?"

"Of course." I answer in a confused tone.

"I'm an executive in it." The male before me continues walking. Leaving me behind him.

I can't find the words to respond with. My feet begin to move toward the short male.

As I catch up to him I open my mouth to speak but again the words won't come out.

The rest of the walk was silent and uncomfortable.

After minutes of walking the two of us finally come to a stop.

I look around to find ourselves in an open park.

"We're here." Nakahara-san speaks, finally breaking the silence.

"Chuuya-kun, I've been waiting." A fairly tall male with black hair swept back stands before us. Beside him is a short female with blonde hair.

Instinctively, I hide behind the short male. He looks to me once then back at the one I assume to be his boss.

"I've brought her."

The taller male looks to find me behind Nakahara-san. After looking for a few seconds he begins walking towards me.

"I'm Ougai Mori." He holds out his hand for a handshake. He also curls his lips up into a grin. "I would like you to take company photos for us."

A bit hesitant I take the male's hand and lightly shake it.

"We'll have to wait a while until we can get everyone together." By now he has already let go of my hand. "Hmm... Kouyou-kun doesn't have much work."

"Umm..." I attempt to get the attention of the male.

"Chuuya-kun, how much work will you have in the next few days?" Having ignored me, the black haired male addresses the one in front of me.

"Umm..." I call out once more as the ginger approaches his boss, leaving me alone.

"I'll be busy for the next three days." He replies while also ignoring me.

Having lost my patience I pass Nakahara-san and lightly tug on the taller male's coat.

"I have yet to agree to take your photos." Determined to get the message across I look up at the male.

Giving a light smile he responds, "You've mistaken to think this was a choice."

I allow gravity to drop my arm to my side.

"From the moment you took a photo of Chuuya-kun your fate was already decided."

My brows furrow and I feel a metal rod enter the back of my neck. I quickly turn around.

"For now good night, [l/n] [f/n]-kun."

As my consciousness begins to fade, I see a ginger in a hat with a syringe in his right hand.

On his stern face, in his steel blue eyes a small hint of guilt was present.

Who knew anyone could get away with such a thing in such an open area?

Those were my last thoughts as my eyelids shut and my body fell.