Drew smiled, and said, "Nothing too serious, thank goodness. You're fine now, right, Ellie?"

"Actually," she said, fighting to keep her voice steady. "I think I'd like some time alone."

"Ellie, are you oka-"

"Ma, Pa, I want to rest, okay?" she said quietly.

Hunter frowned, but leaned forward, kissing her on the forehead. "We'll be back soon," he promised, and the two of them left, Cassie following.

Drew made to stand up, but Elle grabbed his hand. "Please stay," she whispered, blinking tears out of her eyes.

He sat back down, realising that something wasn't right. "Ellie, what's wrong, my darling?" he asked softly.

She shook her head. "N-Nothing," she whispered. "I'm just glad you love me, if no one else."

"Your parents-"

"Still don't know I exist. Hunter and Ryan love Cassie."

His eyes were full of sadness and pain. "Ellie, no," he said gently. "They do love you. They love you so much. You weren't awake when they were worrying about you. They were both holding hands, and Ryan was leaning on Hunter's shoulder, and they were just- they were comforting each other, because they were so scared that you were hurt. Hunter didn't let go of your hand until they took you into the hospital room."

"Did you see the way his eyes lit up when he saw her?" she breathed.

"Elle, I want you to listen to me right now," he said softly. "You're loved. They love you, and the fact that they love her is just to be expected. You're not jealous of Robin and stuff, are you?"

She sniffled, and Drew took her hand, bringing it up to his lips and kissing it. "Stop crying, okay?" he breathed, kissing her hand again. "I love you. I love you more than anything, I promise."

"They- they want her-"

"Why can't they want you both?" he asked gently. "Please listen to me. They love you."

She shook her head, and he brushed her tears away. "You're tired," he said softly. "I recorded a new song the other day. Do you want to listen to it?"

She didn't answer him, but he took out his phone anyway, plugging in his earbuds and handing them to her. She put them in her ears, and he mouthed, "I love you," before kissing her lips once and beginning to play the recording. She kept crying, but he held her hand, squeezing and rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand until she closed her eyes, falling asleep.

Drew unplugged his phone, kissing her forehead and whispering, "I'll see you soon, my love," and leaving the room.

Hunter was engaged in deep conversation with Cassie, while Ryan was watching the kids on the playground at the other end of the hospital. He looked up when he saw Drew coming, and stood. "Is she-?"

"Sleeping," said Drew. "May I speak to you, sir?"

"Sure," said Hunter, staying where he was. Drew cleared his throat pointedly, and Hunter got the message, looking at Cassie.

"Darl, why don't you go to Ma and just help her with Red, I think she might be struggling a little," said Hunter, and Cassie nodded, walking away. Drew beckoned to Hunter, and they began to walk through the corridors, walking past different wards and various nurses pushing large machines. Hunter looked at the walls, the paintings that adorned them, and pretended that he was happy to be here.

"Sir, does Cassie already call you Pa?"

"Yes. She's... taken it very well. She's very happy."

"And have you thought to ask Elle about how she's feeling about all of this?"