Chapter 3: No...

Jaxx's point of view 

The wind blew in my face, as I ran as fast as I could. I needed to get away from there. From him. He...my mind was a blur. Bruce Hill...The biggest jerk and most homophobic person in that entire school, just held me so close. So close I could feel his lip graze my ear as he talked. His voice deep and masculine. Feeling his muscles against my back, his strong hands on my thigh ...his other arm holding me tightly to him. I don't understand why he did that. 
Why couldn't he have just called me a bitch like the rest of the team? I shook my head. No! I just need to go to my quiet spot. Away from this place. Away from people. I knew it was only maybe 11 but it seemed like it should be almost 5. 

I made my legs keep running. I ran all the way to the park without looking back. My legs felt like they were on fire. Only a little bit longer. I'm almost there.

10 minutes had passed and I had finally found myself stopped right at the edge of the lake. Looking down into my reflection. Tears were streaming down my face. When had I started crying? Why am I even crying?

Bruce was just a bully. He was just toying with me like he always is. If that is the case though...then why does my heart continue to race at the thought of him?

I could feel my heart pounding against my rib cage. I sit down leaning against the enormous willow tree. This is the only spot I go to when I'm stressed. I'll sit here for hours. Just listening to the long leafy branches of the old willow, swaying in the wind. The rippling of the water against the shore of the lake. Birds chirping their sweet songs. 

My heart begins to calm finally. I can feel my eyes start to close as well. I was so comfortable leaning in my favorite spot. I'll just take a short nap I thought. 

My eyes closed and within seconds, I had fallen into a deep sleep.