8: Crazy Little Thing

Song: Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Marie's PoV
La de da!

That's how I feel. Just... eeeep!!

I feel complete now. I had this empty feeling in my head, but with my new "romantic interest" I just feel great.

I slam my locker shut, I have all this useless energy bottled up inside me right now.

"Marie? You okay?" I whip my head around with a full blown, ear-to-ear smile on my face to see Billy.

"Yeah, thanks for asking, I'm just energetic today. Sorry," I smile sheepishly. "How are you?"

"I'm great!" I finally notice that he's holding something behind his back.

Interrogation time! "What's that?"

"Oh, it's nothing really..."

"Seriously, what is it?"

"Nothing important." A cheeky smile appears on his face.

"Lemme see!" I shove him playfully.

"Alright, alright, fine..." He hands me a donut and an iced coffee. "I've heard that you don't eat breakfast."

"From who?"

"Not telling."

Okay, that's creepy, but I don't care. I'm just glad I have a donut and an iced coffee. "Well, thanks!"

"Okay, I'll admit, I didn't actually know you don't eat breakfast. I was just teasing, but I'm happy to buy you breakfast every day!"

"Aww, how sweet of you," I grin, tapping him on the nose with my index finger.

"Here, let me grab your stuff." He grabs my backpack in his right hand. Aww, how'd I get so lucky?

"Give that back to her!" Oh, great, it's one of the theater girls. Carolina McDonaldson.

"Oh, um, we kinda have a thing, I was just—"

"Are you assuming that girls aren't as strong as boys, and therefore can't carry their own backpacks?"

"No, he was just being chivalrous."

"Oh. Okay!" She... she just bothers me. "Have you found any new recruits for the play?"

"Yeah, there's that Steve kid, Steve... Steve Michaels!"

"Yes?" Where did he come from?

"Oh, great! Hey, Steve! I heard you're trying out for the play! Who are you trying out for?" I haven't seen Carolina this happy since she successfully "won a debate" with me, even though everybody had a negative bias against me to begin with.

"I think I could make a pretty good Sebastian, don't ya think?" He flashes a grin at her.

"We'll see!" She hands him a puke green flyer. "Information is listed on this flyer!"

"Thank you ma'am!"

"Did you just ASSUME my GENDER?" I hear her scream as Billy and I walk away. Steve is hopelessly trying to defend himself. Poor kid...

"Ya know, I can carry my backpack."

"No, it's fine!"

"Yeah, but I kind of wanna hold your hand..." I giggle, and he takes the food I'm holding so I can put my backpack on. He hands back the coffee, and I grab his left hand in my right.

"I know this may be a bit of an awkward question to ask here, in school, but are we official?"

"Depends. Will you be my boyfriend?"