An Old Man's Advice

Start from the beginning

"Why are you burning it?" he asks, brushing his lips along the curve of my neck making me shiver.

"I can't tell you, it is a surprise," I say, tossing the last bit of parchment on a tray next to the candle where it is eaten by the flickering tongues of flame.

"If you insist. So, where were we?" he asks. I spin to face him and smile.

"I think the mood has shifted a bit," I say.

"Well, I could go back to sleep and we could have a replay. And may I just say, best wake up ever," he chuckles.

"Yeah, I don't think that will work," I say.

"Yeah, but it was worth a try. So, since the mood is ruined, what do you want to do today?" he asks, stepping away from me and taking a deep breath.

"How about we go back to the cave?" I suggest.

"I'll be ready in 10," he says and disappears through the door.

 For the next two weeks Draco only leaves my side during class. On Wednesday evenings when I am supposed to have girl time with Ginny, he simply hides in his room and leaves us the common room and my bedroom. Actually, his room has become more of a sitting room. All of his clothes and stuff is in my room now, well our room I suppose. Things never go as far as they did that day, we are both careful to stop when things get too hot. We have talked and we both decided we wanted to wait. Sex isn't something that should be rushed into just because the hormones are flying.

But every day it gets harder to stop. Not because Draco is trying to talk me into it, in fact he is the opposite. It is usually him that pulls the plug on the intense romantic moments. He says he wants it to be special and amazing, which can only happen if we are both ready. But every day I fall even more in love with him. I love everything about him. When I look into the future, I see him next to me. I can't even dream of anyone else. 

So when I wake up the morning of the Hogsmeade trip to him gently tracing lines down my arm which is draped over his stomach, I can feel the butterflies fluttering in my tummy and a smile stretches my lips.

"Good morning," I mumble sleepily.

"Morning," he says kissing me, morning breath and all.

We get dressed and eat breakfast then head down the long drive to Hogsmeade. Even with my cloak pulled tight around me, I am still shivering so I huddle close to him as we walk. He opens his cloak and tucks me inside of it, wrapping it around me. Hugged close to him, I am warm and more than comfortable so the walk is quite enjoyable.

"Where do you want to go first?" he asks when we enter the outskirts of the village.

""I need to pick something up," I tell him.

"Alright, where are we headed?" he asks.

"Well you are headed to the Three Broomsticks to wait for me," I say.

"Oh no, you are not allowed out of my sight," he says shaking his head.

"I am by all accounts, an adult Draco. I can handle a few minutes on my own. Besides, its a surprise and you are not allowed to come with me," I say, stopping in front of the Three Broomsticks.

"No, I don't like it," he says, his brow furrowed.

"You don't have to like it, but it is going to happen. Now go in and order me a Butterbeer and I'll be there in fifteen minutes or less," I tell him, stepping out of the cocoon of his arms.

"Hermione..." he starts but I shake my head.

"Go, I'll see you in a few minutes," I tell him and then turn and walk up the street. I am not sure if he goes in, but he doesn't follow me, so I feel fairly safe walking into the small shop a few streets away.