When Ian saw Skye walking towards him, his hand went to his mouth as he felt a smile play on his lips, his eyes starting to glaze over as she got ever closer. She was so beautiful in her Sarah Burton wedding dress, the grin on her face being the same one that he fell in love with. She was breathtaking and he couldn't believe how lucky he was, how lucky they were. After the horrors of the past few months here they were, about to become man and wife. Talk about a change in fortune.

When Skye reached the end of the aisle and was finally at Ian's side, Robert Snr let go of her, placing her hand into that of his youngest son.

"You look after my boy," the oldest Somerhalder asked of Skye, touching his palm to her cheek as he did so.

"I will."

Once everyone was settled and in place, Ian and Skye's eyes locked, their hands then clutching on to each other's tightly. That stereotypical thing happened, like in the movies when two people meet and everything else around them becomes hazy. It was like that now. All the people, all the scenery, all the beauty. None of it mattered. All that was important was them. Ian and Skye.

"You look beautiful Princess," Ian whispered in bliss, the look on his face being one that Skye would never forget.

"You don't look so bad yourself Smolderholder," she joked back, the two rippling with contentment as the Priest cleared his throat and got ready to begin proceedings.

"We are gathered here today to participate in a most joyous occasion, to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, the wedding of Ian Joseph Somerhalder and Skye Elizabeth Parker."

Ian continued to clutch onto Skye's hands, his teary eyes never leaving hers. It was happening. It was really happening.

"Princess, here in front of everyone we love, I give you everything that I am. My dreams and my fears. My triumphs and my failures. I trust you, and will always endeavour to be worthy of your trust in me. If we face times of struggle and hardship, you can depend on me to support and protect you, no matter what the cost. I love you with everything I have. Today I am so proud to call you my wife. Words will never be enough to show the love I have for you. When I'm with you my heart beats so fast. I feel like it may explode if I let myself feel just how much I love you. The extent of your beauty is overwhelming, both inside and out. I could not possibly live without you. I promise to be there for you and our family, and I will never let you down. I look forward to growing old with you. You are my best friend, and my soulmate. I have loved you since the day I met you, and I will continue to do so until forever. You're one hell of a woman. You're the one."

Skye's heart felt like it was going to burst out of her chest. The things Ian had said filling her with so much joy and emotion that is was hard to focus. If she didn't start talking now, she'd lose the ability. She couldn't waste another second.

"Ian, 3 years ago you were the hot guy on the T.V that I had a crush on. Now you're my everything...."

"YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!" Jimmy interrupted with a shout from his seat, causing everyone including the bride and groom to burst out laughing.

"Are you ever gonna quit it idiot?" Justin yelled out loudly with his signature high voice, whacking Jimmy upside the back of the head before telling Skye to carry on.

"Right where was I?" she giggled, glaring at Jim in fake anger, before turning back to Ian and continuing when everyone had calmed down.

"I love you. Very simple. Very truly. You are the epitome of everything I have ever looked for in another human being. There isn't another soul on this planet who has ever made me half the person I am when I'm with you. I am forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me. You are my best friend. I love you with all my heart, and I want nothing more than to share my future with you – my triumphs and my challenges, my joys and my sorrows. I know we can accomplish the life we both dream of living, because we can do it together. Just remember baby, that no matter where life takes us I will always come home to you. I will always come back."

The final words from Skye, a nod to the things said when she awoke from her coma almost floored Ian. He'd come so close to losing her, and now here she was. She was just moments away from being his wife.

Ian wiped away an inevitable tear which now spilled from Skye's lid, mouthing the words I love you as he did so. The ceremony was now only seconds away from completion. Their future was about to start.

"Ian, do you take Skye to be your lawful wedded wife? Will you love her, comfort her, keep her in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to her so long as you both shall live?" The Priest overseeing asked.

"I do," Ian answered joyfully, sliding an exquisite white gold band upon Skye's finger.

"Skye, do you take Ian to be your lawful wedded husband? Will you love him, comfort him, keep him in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to him so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Skye repeated more content than she had ever felt before, her hand reaching out and then placing Ian's simple ring on his finger where it would now remain.

"By the powers invested in me by the state of California I now pronounce you husband and wife. Ian you may kiss the bride."

Without a seconds delay Ian's lips were on Skye's, and as the crowd broke into thunderous applause and Skye kissed her new husband she never wanted the moment to end.

"I love you," she grinned with a tear as they reluctantly broke apart.

"Not as much as I love you Mrs Somerhalder," Ian smiled back, the two filled with excitement at the realisation they were now wed.

Skye couldn't quite believe it had actually happened. She and Ian were husband and wife, and everything she had every dreamed for her life was all set into place.

"Ladies and gentlemen may I present for the first time, Mr and Mrs Ian Somerhalder."