Chapter Six

I hand in my final high school exam. Finally - no more Algebra II. I quietly hand it in and make sure my name is on it, and leave the classroom.

Hannah is staying at my house until she gets the money to move away from her father and go live with her grandmother in London - something she’s always wanted to do. She has been a lot nicer since she 'moved' in. The other girls ditched us and became a lot less popular. While me and Hannah stayed the same popularity-wise. She’s changed her ways. She told she doesn't want to have sex again until she’s married. She’s being really smart about that, in my opinion. We talked about everything Monday night, and we’re really close now - almost as close as Ava and I are. She, Ava and Jaden are getting along better, too. And Hannah has a huge crush on Henry now. I have to set them up.

I look around for Henry and finally spot him at his locker putting all his stuff in his backpack. I almost knock him over when I get to him. I’m so happy - I’ve officially finished my senior year.

"Calm down Kaylie-Cat! Gosh," He says. He turns back to his locker and continues stuffing things into it.

"Do you like Hannah Moore?" I ask. He looks at me.

"Yeah, why?" He says.

"She likes you, ask her out," I say quickly. I run off before he can argue. He’s probably so confused... That’s okay.

"Go find Henry and thank me later," I say to Hannah as I pass her. I walk around a corner and see Ava walking down the hall looking around. She finally spots me and runs to me.

"We are done with high school! Graduation in two weeks!"

"I know, and I have a date tonight," I say smiling, again.

"I’m so happy you guys are finally starting to date," She says, pulling me in for a hug while we walk.

"I know, me too,” I say as we walk past people hugging and crap. They’ll see each other again, and they should really save it for later.

"See you tomorrow night," Ava says before she skips down the hall to the exit. I go out to my truck since I have no one else to talk to. I just can't stop smiling. Life is going to be so much more interesting and so much better now. I notice Jaden leaning up against my truck. Jaden notices me walking towards him, he starts smiling. I run into his arms and he hugs me tightly. We stay like that for a while.

"Hey!” I say. “What are you doing waiting for me? I thought our date was later.”

“Well, I knew that we weren’t really busy the rest of the day, so I thought we could just go now and spend more time together.

"Oh, sounds great,” I say.

We get in my truck, but he gets in the driver’s seat. He hands me a blindfold. “Put this on.”

“Why?”

“Because you’ll love this surprise.”

“Fine.” He starts my truck up and we drive out of the school parking lot.

------

"Okay, take the blindfold off," He says, putting his right hand on my lower back. I slip the blindfold over my head and open my eyes. I gasp and laugh. He laughs too.

He hung up pictures - well, poster sized pictures - everywhere of memories that we’ve shared on his wall as if they were in my viewpoint. He took all of them of me, though. It isn’t a lot, but he made it seem like it. One poster says, "The History Project", also known as the best day of my life. Another says, "The Beach". Then I remember the day after he broke up with Chelsi - we went to the beach. Which was a really great day. We brought Henry and Ava, and Henry was flirting with every girl he saw - even Ava and I. Another says, "The First Time You Brought Me Here". I laugh and point to that one.