Chapter 13

I walked into Scott’s house in glee, a big smile plastered on my face and I couldn’t help but laugh when I caught the eye of Mellissa and she gave me one of those ‘oh I know something’s up’ smiles.

“Okay, Spill” She said, once I set my purse down on the counter and hopped onto one of the stools.

“Derek and I got back together,” I said, sounding like the love struck teenager that I was. She smiled at me before walking around and wrapping me up in a hug,

“Oh honey, I’m happy for you,” I smiled and nodded my head,

“Yeah me too… I mean I knew my stupid pride was standing in the way, I just didn’t realize how good the thing I was being separated from was.” Mellissa smiled at me one more time before patting me on the back and walking back over to the stove,

“Well I’m making Lasagna tonight, so this can be your celebratory dinner.”  I smiled and nodded at her happily, “So, how did the rest of the pack take it, or do they know?” My smile dropped and my gaze flickered back down to my hands that were resting in my lap.

“Well… I wouldn’t say that it was very welcoming or nice… but I expected it, I’m not going to lie.” She nodded at me, edging me to go on. So I sighed and continued on telling her about my….Wonderful encounter with my ex-pack now current pack, about how my current pack was now my ex- pack.

That’s a mouthful.

Mellissa smiled at me sadly but nodded along to whatever I said but never interrupted me once,

“Well, that’s quite a situation you got yourself into there, but I’m glad that you’re working on getting it all fixed out.”

“Thanks Mellissa,” I said to her, as I stood up and made my way up to Scott’s room.

--

I Explained to Scott what had happened over at Derek’s and I had pretty much gotten the same response from him I had gotten from his mom,

“But I am happy for you Marcey, so when are you moving back in with him?” I pressed my lips together in thought as I stared off at a space behind Scott in thought.

“Well… I’ll probably take my stuff over there tomorrow; I only have my things that I brought over here. And why not get settled in to a place that I’ll actually be living in for… well forever if we don’t get evicted.” I laughed slightly to myself and shook my head at my non-funny joke.  Scott raised an eyebrow at me slightly before cracking a smile at me and bringing me into a hug.

“I’m happy for you Marcey, I really am.”  Scott Mumbled into my hair

I smiled at Derek as I brought in the last of all my stuff, today I felt on top of the world and even the dirty looks from Isaac and Jessica couldn’t and wouldn’t get me down, I was happy to know that with a lot of work and effort that I could possibly get back to the way things were but better. (I’m not holding my breath though) And honestly… I had never felt this good. 

I raised an eyebrow in amusement as I saw Cora walk in and slump down on Derek and I’s bed, she let out a couple aggravated sighs before meeting my eye contact and giving me a look.

“Is there something you need Cora?” I asked; amused. I set down the nail polish that I had been using before turning fully to face her.

“So you want to go out on a girl’s day?” She asked, giving a look that said ‘pretty please say yes’.

“Um… yeah I guess.” I said, pulling my hair back and up into a ponytail while keeping straight eye contact with Cora questionably. Her face broke out into a grin and she hopped up from her seat in glee and rushed out of the room.

Okay?

I held four shopping bags in both my hands and Cora ruffled through some racks of different shirts,

“Don’t you have enough clothes? My god girl…” I mumbled, Yes that’s correct. I have not bought anything and this is all Cora’s. She just gave me a look of disappointment before shaking her head,

“You can never have enough clothes Marcey,” and with that she ducked right back into the racks of clothes, and I slumped up against the wall in agony.

                “So what was the whole point in dragging me shopping?” I asked Cora as we sat down at a table at a little ice-cream shop at the mall eating ice-cream cones in silence, I heard Cora make a ‘humph’ sound and I looked up at her in confusion.

“Okay I have something to admit… But you can’t tell Derek, he would go all ‘over protective brother’ on my ass and then it would all go downhill from there…” I chuckled slightly at Cora before nodding my head and plopping a cherry in my mouth.

“What’s up?” I asked, leaning back in my chair and brushing my hair back. She bit her lip nervously before leaning forward in her chair.

“It has to do with someone,” She said

 “Do I know this someone?” I asked, she nodded her head again before continuing.

“Well… I like someone. A lot”

________________________________________________________________________________-

                SORRY THIS CHAPTER SUCKS AND THAT IM AN AWFUL PERSON AND IM SORRYYYY!

BUT GASP WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS CORA LIKES?!?!?!?!

25 COMMENTS

30 VOTES!!