Chapter 9

*Dereks’s POV*

Isaac strutted into the loft with a cocky smirk on his face and Peter, Cora, Jessica and myself all shared a look with each other.

“Where have you been?” Jessica asked, walking over to Isaac and throwing her arms over his shoulders. I rolled my eyes and herd Peter snicker at me, I just shot him a look as we both looked in any direction than the two teens who had started kissing.

“Ah-hem?” I looked over at Cora; my little sister, who stood with her arms crossed and foot tapping the ground, “Yeah Isaac, where were you?” as if on cue his cocky demeanor came back and he let out a laugh,

“So guess what I saw when I headed over to Scott’s place?”

“Enlighten me.” I muttered, shuffling some papers around on the desk and reading some parts and bits of them but not really paying attention to Isaac.

 “well no big deal… But Scott and Marcey seemed to be pretty cozy on their bed, Just saying…” My gaze snapped to Isaac and I saw Jessica’s eyes widen.

“M-Marcey’s back?” She whispered, Cora quickly crossed the room and took her in her embrace. Cora had really picked up on the aunt roll in the past couple of months, Jessica had been having panic attacks, break downs, and was just heading down hill sense the departure of Marcey. Seeing her the other day showing back up took a toll on her with not quite expecting it.

“Hey, don’t worry about it okay? Let’s go out alright, go get a milk shake?” before anyone could get a word in Cora whisked Jessica away and out the front door.

I sighed and looked back at Isaac,

“Why’d you need to tell me this? Were they having sex?” Isaac shook his head, and pulled out his phone.

“No… but they looked pretty cozy if you ask me.” (See photo on side)  I gritted my jaw and nodded my head, “I kind of found it funny she only had her shirt and underwear on.” I turned around and grabbed the beta by the collar of his shirt,

“She sleeps like that all the time asshole! And her and Scott have been friends for ever, So stop trying to antagonize me and get me to freak out on someone!” I dropped him and Peter looked cautiously between the two of us before stepping in.

“Derek, why don’t you go cool down for a little?” I just angrily shook my head before storming out the door.

-

I arrived at Scotts house and saw a figure on the roof, I climbed up the back and walked up behind them,

“You can’t scare me Derek… I thought we went over this before.” I listened to the sound of her voice before sitting down,

“Isaac-”

“Yeah his presence woke me up, that’s why I’m up.” I took note of her appearance; an oversized coca cola shirt and white with pink flowered underwear. I watched as she pulled out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes before lighting one up and taking a long drag of one, “Want one?” She asked, sticking the pack out to me.

“No… and I thought you said you quit?” I asked, watching her bring the cigarette back up to her lips and breathing in the toxic fumes.

“Yeah, well I thought you said you loved me.” My eyes flashed over to her and I felt my heart drop,

“Why are you here with McCall?” I asked, wanting to get straight to the point,

“Why do you care?  He’s not your Beta.” She sassed back through a cloud of smoke,