Epilogue

*6 Years Later*

Two years ago, when I turned eighteen, I decided to join the army. Two years ago was when I realized that I wanted to make a difference, I wanted to protect and serve my country. Two years ago was also when I met him.

When I joined the army, I met a guy unlike any other. And today, was Hayden and my anniversary of one year strong. One year without any fights. One year of total happiness.

Today was also my twentieth birthday. Hayden said he had a surprise for me. He told me to dress my best because he had something very special planned. He had even gotten permission from our commanding officer to be excused from training for the day. He came to pick me up around noon.

"Hey babe, we've got an hour and a half long drive first so you can just relax for now. But don't worry, it's worth the wait," he told me.

"It better be," I joked, laughing then leaning over to kiss his cheek.

I didn't mean to but I ended up falling asleep and soon enough Hayden was waking me up.

"Zoe, we're here," he said. "Look outside!"

I glanced out of my window and gasped. "Babe! I haven't seen them since our time off around Easter. I love you so much, thanks."

"Don't thank me yet, there's still more to the surprise," he said smirking.

I blushed and allowed him to lead me into the house. Inside it was dark and completely empty. I was about to speak and ask him about this when he started leading me to the backyard.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE!" The boys jumped out of their hiding places and tackled me into a hug.

"Awe guys thank you so much, I love you!" I exclaimed smiling broadly. Then I turned to Hayden.

"I can't believe you planned all this for me. You are honestly the best boyfriend I've ever had thank you so much," I told him.

All of a sudden the boys started singing "They Don't Know About Us" and Hayden got down on one knee and I felt me eyes widen.

"Zoe Alexis Malik, first of all don't freak out, I'm not proposing... yet," Hayden said laughing. "But–" he opened the box. "This is a promise ring. We may have only been together for a year, but I know you are my one true love. I promise to be there for you, and to stand by your side through ever hardship and struggle. We may be young but I love you with all my heart and I hope you feel the same."

"Hayd... babe, I do I really do feel the same! I love you so much and no one has ever made me feel like you make me feel. I would love for you to be with me for ever and always," I answered.

Hayden slowly slid the ring onto my left ring finger, engraved in it was "I Promise." He then stood up and kissed me passionately on the lips.

THE END

Authors Note
Guys I would just like to apologize once again. I'm sorry I ended this book so early I feel like I've let you guys down. But I just couldn't continue to write about it. But I will focus more time to updating my other works as soon as I get some of my grades up. I hope you guys understand and thank you guys so much. I love you.
~H