A Saturday evening in July, 6.27pm

Under the table, Amanda crossed her legs and enjoyed the feel of her skirt moving over her bare skin. It was a short skirt, black leather, and she wasn't sure about it. Erica had come straight from work, about ten minutes earlier, and Amanda admitted to herself that she really did fancy Erica so so so much in her work uniform. Her work blouse just fitted nicely over her breasts and tucked in so sexily around her waist, and just the thought of unfastening her name badge was sexy – taking off her public, supervisor role and leaving just a sexy black blouse. Amanda liked to fantasise about undoing the buttons slowly to expose Erica's body, then fantasise about kissing her gorgeous bare skin.

Also, today, Erica was in tight black jeans and that was always a whole different set of lovely fantasies in itself. Amanda always thought her girlfriend looked incredibly sexy in jeans. She really really loved the way the denim was tight over Erica's beautiful bottom and stretched across her hips. She wondered if she should pinch herself at her good luck. 'What went wrong this week, darling? You don't always work this late on a Saturday.'

Erica shook her head and took a large swallow of her wine. 'Only when I can't get someone to cover. Today, it was last-minute sickness.' She watched Amanda shift in her seat. She thought about the way Amanda had crossed her legs under the table, and her mind dwelt briefly on how sexy Amanda looked in her skirt. She let herself imagine Amanda's bare legs under the table, so near to her own. She had a brief but vivid urge to feel herself against Amanda while they kissed, her hand straying to the zip of the skirt to push it open. It was that skirt too, she thought, adding the mental italics. 'I can't believe you're actually wearing that skirt.'

Amanda frowned. 'Is it too much? You know I'm still in two minds about it...'

'God, no.' Erica grinned and quickly touched Amanda's hand on the table. 'I love it. It's funny.' They held each other's gaze for a second, in a shared memory. Erica swallowed quickly and lowered her voice. 'But, it's also incredibly hot. I mean really, seriously hot.' She watched the smile spread across Amanda's face and felt the butterflies of attraction. She was fairly sure where tonight would end, and she hadn't been able to stop thinking about it. The desire had been fluttering inside her all day.

The previous evening, they had almost gone all the way. They'd been so close, on Amanda's sofa, and then on the floor in Amanda's sitting room. Erica herself had been on the point of blurting out how much she wanted the other girl, when Amanda had asked if she wanted to stay the night tonight.

Amanda loved the touch of Erica's fingers on her wrist. She loved it every time Erica touched her, especially when she did it without thinking. She knew she'd done the right thing in asking Erica to stay tonight. Last night she had known so clearly what she wanted: the feel of Erica on top of her, the floor hard on her back as they kissed and kissed so passionately, their hands exploring, fumbling through their clothes, just stopping short of what they had both clearly wanted. She wanted to take Erica to her bed, share everything with her, have nothing between them, just their naked bodies melting together. She wanted to go to sleep with her and wake up with her and make love to her all night and again in the morning.

Amanda spent all day tidying the flat, airing the bed linen, cleaning the bathroom. She'd stocked the fridge with all sorts – she didn't know what Erica would want for breakfast. She ran a finger up the stem of her wine glass. 'So...it's ok, then? You actually like me in this skirt, not just as a joke like before?'

Erica grinned. 'You bet.' She ran her finger back and forth gently on the back of Amanda's hand and enjoyed the effect it was obviously having on her. Amanda was very pretty when she was getting turned on; in some respects, she was quite transparent when she was excited, and Erica felt herself beginning to love her for it. She couldn't stop herself thinking about the way Amanda looked so sexy in that skirt, and so unwittingly sweet at the same time. She took a deep breath. 'In fact, it's distracting me, just knowing you're wearing it. I'm not sure what I'd do if could actually see you in it...you know...you look so amazing in it...'

Amanda cleared her throat lightly. She had to stop herself from trembling with excitement, she wanted Erica so much. 'I think we should go home now, and find out exactly what you want to do.'

'Right now?' Erica held her breath. The desire was beginning to throb in her veins, and she couldn't believe how urgently she wanted Amanda. I really want to get you out of it, Erica thought to herself. Slowly, running my hands over your legs, taking my time about unzipping it and pulling it off your lovely legs, pushing your tshirt up, adoring you with my eyes before I love you with my fingers and tongue. Oh god, Amanda...

Amanda slid out from the booth and stood up. She enjoyed the helpless look of desire on Erica's face as she smoothed her skirt down. The way Erica gazed at her sometimes, when she thought she wasn't looking, was one of the most exciting things Amanda had ever experienced; the way Erica was looking at her now tightened the knot of excitement inside her and aroused her more than she'd ever felt possible. 'Yes, Erica. Right now.' She smiled. 'Please?'

'Fuck...' whispered Erica as she fumbled under her chair for her handbag. 'Oh god...OK, yes. Yes, let's go.'