Chapter 13

James' pov

I moved closer and she cowered into the wall "Jess, please look a me," I said, she turned her head tears in her eyes and faced me. "Jess I'm so sorry, please forgive me," I begged I couldn't loose her not now, "I-I-I'm s-sc-scared J-James," she whispered, "Jess I am so sorry but I need you to come downstairs please, i'm so sorry jess," I said turning and walking into the hallway waiting for her. "I-I'm coming," she said following behind tome with such gentle steps I could barely hear her walking right behind me. I looked around the room and found Emmet talking to Wendell still, I walked over making sure I could tell that jess was still behind me and not lost in a crowd of vampires. when we reached Wendell and Emmet I began listening to their conversation with jess standing next to me. "hello jess good to see you are back, you know James does drain tiny humans like yourself very often," Wendell said, jess shivered and let out a soft yelp as Wendell grabbed her arm and pulled her over to where he was standing, "you're lucky you're not mine anymore Jessabelle, or that would get you in trouble," he whispered just loud enough for me to hear. "Wendell that's quite enough, you're scaring the poor thing she just woke up," I said, a warning tone took to my voice, "Wendell ," I said only slightly louder. he turned to face me, "James do not forget your place, unless," Wendell started pushing Jess back to me after I caught her I cut him off, "Wendell, not here come with me now," I said using my demanding voice. I put Jess on her feet and led Wendell into another room that was cut off from the rest of the house, "what is your problem?" I yelled. "wha- oh my gosh you didn't tell him, damn James," Wendell said, "no of course not, and you need to leave Jess alone the girl is ruined because of you, also if you tell anyone about me I will kill you," I said walking out of the room. "James wait," Wendell called after me, I ignored him "brother do not ignore me," he said again I whipped around to face him.

Emmet pov

James walked away with Wendell, leaving me with Jess, "Master, c-can I go get a drink from the kitchen," She asked quietly. "Of course Jess, I know there's not much here in terms of food so grab yourself something to eat while you are in there, if you want," I responded. "Thank you, master," she said before silently heading into the kitchen. "so that new pet of yours, what's she like?" I heard a familiar voice say, god not this guy I thought, I turned around and there he was, Jack. "She's obedient like she's been to Hell and back, why do you want to know?" I asked, "well I was wondering if you wanted to join a pet competition with me and Alyssa," Jack said. uhhh what do I say? let me ask my pet, hell no I cant say that, uhhh I had a short battle against my self before responding, " fine when and where?" I muttered. "great so tomorrow at mid-night my place, food will be provided unless your bringing your own and no more than two from the same household, though that last rule doesn't exactly apply to you guys," Jack said. I nodded and he skipped off, then I saw Jess coming back in and walked over to her, "Jess did you eat something," I said casually so she couldn't hear my concern for her. "yes, I ate a few carrots, master," she said. "was that enough for you?" I asked her, "yes until everyone leaves at least, master," jess answered. I looked at her and sighed, then turned to face in front of me again, shaking my head, "pet causing problems, Emmet?" I heard someone say I turned around and came face to face with an old friend, "max, how you been, kid?" I asked "good, good my pet is actually here today," he said, "I've had her for about a month, new record." Jess shivered and tried to hide behind me I put my hand on her upper back keeping her next to me, "I'm sure Jess and I would love to meet her," I said looking at Jess. "oh yeah how rude of me let me go get her," he said walking off to go find his pet. "Jess, he's not going to hurt you he wouldn't it's just he tends to uhhh... drain his pets with in a week or so but he's trying to get better and he is," I explained, she relaxed a bit more. "ok so Emmet, Jess this is Adrianna , Adri this is lord Emmet and jess" he said pointing to us each in turn introducing me to a young child looking thing. "Hello Adrianna," I said squatting down to her level, she wrapped her arms around max's legs and buried her face in his knees. "Adri he's talking to you, come on he won't bite," Max said pulling her off him very gently, she looked at me, "Hello, lord Emmet" she whispered, I smiled and stood up, "Max how old is she?" I asked. "Well, she's about 3 but she was born at a pet shop so she's probably a bit younger than that," max said looking down at Adrianna with a small smile, "Jess why don't you take Adrianna and go get some food," I said quietly. Jess nodded and reached down to the small girl and took her hand brining her to the kitchen. "Why so young Max?" I asked, he looked at me "well I think I'm going to turn her in a few years and treat her like my own child, I need some company," he said smiling the same gentle smile he had when Adrianna had hugged his knees. We talked for a half an hour until Jess and Adrianna came back. Then they played in the corner for a few hours before almost everyone had left. "goodbye Adri," Jess said as they walked out the door, "bye-bye Jess," Adrianna muttered sleepily.