A Door Marked Exit

Start from the beginning

“I’m ready, have you eaten yet, we can order some Chinese.” He said grabbing his coat from the coat rack and put it on as he waited for Victoria to get up but she didn’t move.

“Vic are you coming?”

“I need to talk to you.” She said as she stood up.

“Okay we’ll talk after we get our food, come on.” He said holding his hand out for her to take but she just leaned against his desk and folded her arms across her chest.

“Dante I can’t be with you anymore,”

“What do you mean?”

“Just what I said I can’t be with you. It won’t work.”

“It’s been working for the past two months, where is this coming from? What’s wrong?” he said closing the gap between them.

“I told you that being with you I’m breaking my contract, if Owen or House to Home finds out that we are together I could be brought up on misconduct charges because it’s a conflict of interest. We’ve come too far to let something like this stop us from winning.”

“What about us?  We’ve come a long way too, I don’t want to give that up.”

“Are you really willing to let this thing we have get in the way of what you worked so hard for?"

Dante fell silent he wasn't for sure how to answer that question.

"I have a lot at stake because of this case and so do you. What we have is not as important as what we have to do."

"I don't see what our relationship has to do with anything."

"It's a conflict of interest, I know it sounds stupid especially when I'm on your side but trust me people will use anything. I don’t want to leave anything to chance."

“So you want to break up with me because of a possibility that some may try to use our relationship against us.”

“If this was just a normal run of the mill small claim lawsuit then it wouldn’t matter but we are talking about millions being on the line Dante.  Let’s just end things now before it gets complicated, it’s not like we’re in this for the long haul.”

“Who says I’m not?” he said folding his arms across his chest matching her stance and Victoria’s eyes widened with shock.

“What do you mean?”

“How do you know I’m not in this relationship for the long run?  I really like you Victoria, mean thing that you are, and I want to see how far we go. I’m disappointed to see that you don’t have the same amount of faith in me as I have in you.”

Victoria shook her head trying to keep focused on the task that needed to be done, she had to cool things off with Dante, and she knew that it was for the best no matter how much it hurt her to do so.

“Dante don’t start with that whole Jedi mind trick thing that you do. I don’t want to be with you anymore, end of story, let it go. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said before walking pass him as fast as her legs would carry her but it wasn’t enough. Dante grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back, and pushed her up against the wall. Before she could react Dante’s lips were on hers as hard as she tried to resist her body betrayed her and melded right into him as her eyes fluttered closed. His teeth nipped her bottom lip before moving down her neck and moved to her earlobe, giving it a nip as well which made her gasp. His nimble fingers plucked out the pins that held her hair in a neat bun, letting her locks sweep at her shoulders. Her fingers delved into the mass of curly hair as he planted kisses along her jaw.  Victoria’s eyes shot open when Dante suddenly stopped, their eyes locked, his lips hovered over hers as the electricity between them sparkled. A slow smile spread across Dante’s face and said,