Chapter 18-We Remain.

Magsimula sa umpisa

This is creepy!

"Why did you join them. I can take care of myself," I think back.

"Because....I love you, Christy. I didn't want you dead before I told you," Loki says.

I scoot back. Please, no one noticed that.

"Christy, what's wrong?" Steve asks.

Why me?

"I'm okay," I reply.

Derrick and Thor begin to shift as well. They're fine.

"Why? How do you...can you love me?" I think.

"I know you can't return the love, Christy, but there is a way I can show you," Loki replies.

"Destroy them," Loki says to Magneto.

What? You tell me that you love me then you go and destroy us? Hmm...sound like song lyrics. I should be a writer.

Magneto raises his hands. The three waves begin crashing down on NYC.

Suddenly, the unexpected happens.

Literally, I was not expecting this.

Loki grabs Magneto by the shoulders, and throws him to the ground.

"What the...." Magneto starts to speak but Tony shoots him with his repulser guns, knocking him out.

"Good shot T-man!" I shout.

Now to stop those waves....

"Goodbye, Christy," Loki says out loud.

Turning to the tsunamis', Loki waves his arms, allowing the three water masses to merge into one giant super tsunami. Six times larger then the first.

"Push it, Loki!" I scream.

Loki shakes his head,
"No. Magic always has a price."

He flies directly at the wave.

No. This can't happen, it isn't the way it's supposed to end!

Loki, (basically) fist-bumps the tsunami as he dives head first into the water. The wave immediately turns green, Loki's signature color.

"Brother!" I hear Thor call out.

We stay frozen in silence as the wave suddenly shoots into the sky and bursts, showering white snowflakes on the city of New York.

Loki sacrificed himself for us...me.

I cover my mouth, to keep from squalling, as the first snowflake hits the ground.

Steve rushes over to me,
"He did the right thing."

I turn to Thor,
"What did he do?" I command.

A tear runs down Thor's cheek before he answers,
"My...my brother...traded his life...in exchange for something beautiful," he says.

Loki's dead.

I sink into Steve.

Why does this feel like it's my fault?

I never loved Loki, but he felt like any annoying, miserable, self-centered brother to me.

Emma runs over to Derrick and helps him off the asphalt. His face turns red when he sees her.

Four S.H.I.E.L.D agents, eight policemen, and nine firefighters restrain Magneto with the best technology in the world, and lock him away in a S.H.I.E.L.D villain jet.(which is actually designed for the Hulk.)