Impossible part 2 (Tom Brady)

Three years later

"Is everything ready for the baby shower?" My sister asked waddling into the kitchen.

"Yes. I've made enough food to feed three small countries for a year, so it should be just enough for your friends."

"Good." She said as she awkwardly sat in one of the kitchen chairs. "Do you know where Tom is?" She asked. A concerned look on her face.

"No, I haven't seen him since I got here." I replied. The truth was I avoided Tom as much as possible. I was scared that I would say or do something that would mess up my relationship with my sister.

"He's never home anymore. I don't think he's excited about the baby. I've had to do everything for her. I did the room and all the clothes. I had to organize the baby shower all without his help. I feel like he just doesn't care anymore. I've tried to get him to go to therapy with me, but he won't go. I don't know what to do anymore. And don't tell me that it's just my imagination, or that it's just my hormones. I know it's more than that, I just don't know what to do anymore. Maybe you could talk to him for me?"

"I don't know if that's a good idea." I said. Trying to sound normal. The truth was I just didn't want to talk to Tom alone.

"Please? He won't talk to me anymore. It's like we aren't even married anymore." My sister begged.

"Fine, but for the record, I don't think that this is a good idea."

"Thank you so much. I'm going to go find Tom right now." My sister said as she stood up and waddled out of the room. I listened to her slowly climb the stairs. As her footsteps got softer and softer I heard another set of footsteps on the backstairs.

"Oh, hey I didn't know you were here." Tom said as he appeared in the kitchen.

"I could say the same about you." I said, raising my eyebrows at him. He gave me a guilty smile as he opened the fridge.

"How long have you been here?" Tom asked as he reached for one of the finger sandwiches I had spent the last three hours making.

"About three hours. And I think you can wait for the party." I replied slapping his hand away from the food and giving him a look that said to leave the food alone.

  "But I'm hungry." He complained, giving me a sad puppy dog face.

"Well then, eat something."

"I was trying to, but you stopped me."

"Don't eat the food I spent three hours making and I won't stop you."

"Fine." He sighed giving me a sullen look. He begrudgingly started to make himself a sandwich.

"So is it a boy or a girl?" I asked, trying to figure out how to get him to open up about what was going on with my sister without sounding weird.

"She hasn't told you?" He asked, sounding surprised.

"No, she wants to tell everyone at the shower to day."

"It's a girl." Tom said, taking a bite of his sandwich. "I'm surprised tell you. Then again she isn't the best communicator."

"What do you mean?" I asked frowning slightly.

"She doesn't tell me anything anymore. She doesn't listen to what I say either. It's like she thinks she's the only person who cares about the baby. She acts like she's the only one who can do anything for her. She doesn't let me help her with anything. Every time I try to talk to her she shuts down and pushes me away. I just don't know how much longer I can tolerate this." Tom said, looking at me for advice.