Chapter 2

I stepped out of the taxi once we arrived at the airport. The driver helped me with my bags, but he was reluctant to touch my scythe. I smiled and removed the scythe from the car. I thanked the driver, paid him and began to make my way to my gate.

I put some earbuds on, and began to listen to music on my scroll. It was going to be a long ride. The plane had to stop in all four kingdoms to pick up new students. Unfortunately Mistral, where I live, is the second place to be stopped at. The people from Atlas had already been picked up, so once the students from my kingdom were on the plane, we would go to Vacuo and then Vale. Once the students from Vale were picked up we would finally head to Beacon.

When I got to my gate people were boarding so I got on line. When I got on the plane I sat down next to a deer-Faunus girl who looked about my age. She had long blonde hair, and was wearing a cute green dress. She had a sheath of arrows on her back along with a bow. "Hi!" I said cheerfully. "Oh um, h-hello" she replied. "My name is Myra, what's yours?" I asked. "Y-Yui" she said. "That's a nice name" I said. "Yes, I suppose it is" she answered. "Sooooo, Do you like music?" I asked trying to make small talk. "Yes, I played the violin when I was younger". "COOL!" I said "I wish I could play an instrument". There was a few minutes of silence. "This girl is hopeless" I thought, and I began to go through the pictures on my scroll. I got to one of me and my mom. I felt tears forming in my eyes, when suddenly I heard a voice. "Who's that?" Yui asked. I was startled by her sudden will to talk, but I said "my mom, why?". Suddenly her eyes got really big, "Wait a minute, if I'm not mistaken that's Ruby Rose in the picture, you mean SHE'S your mom?!". "Yup" I said "has been since I was born". "WOW! She said "that's so cool!". "Do you use a scythe like your mom?" She asked. "Yup" I replied. The rest of the way to Beacon me and Yui talked, about mom, about our weapons, about what we liked and disliked.

Soon the plane landed, we were FINALLY at Beacon! When we got off the plane me and Yui had to go our separate ways. "See you around I said". "Yeah, see you around" said Yui, and then the corners of Yui's mouth moved, just slightly upwards, to form the worlds smallest, yet most beautiful smile.