Prologue: ''Meaning of Me"

CHARMAINEEE ... CHARMAINEEE!!

I shot up out of bed breathing hysterical. It was just a dream, I looked up to my left to see my alarm setting. 03:22 , f*ck that means I just have a few hours to sleep. Since my cousins were coming over. Suddenly I heard a knock on my door, Yeaah wait dad I said. I quickly changed my clothes since the other ones were drowning in sweat. You can come in now, he opened the door and asked if everything was okay. I mumbled. My dad always knows when something's wrong. Even when I was little and randomly stared into the sky he knew I was thinking about mom. He walked over to the bed and sat on the corner. He stared into my eyes and asked: You've been dreaming about mom again didn't you? I shook my head no, but like always he said: Darling, I know you've been dreaming about her, shit I think about her too sometimes and I know I shouldn't since I got a new girlfriend and all, but she understands that your mother was the love of my life and that I'll never get over her. I smiled at my dad for the lovely words. He paused a minute and then started smiling, you know when your mom was pregnant with you it was the best thing that ever happened to us, She always said that you're our biggest blessing in life. Suddenly I saw a few tears falling from his eyes to his mouth but he still  managed to smile. When it was time to had you we drove to the hospital as fast as we could, and it looked like everything was going to be alright. You were born and we both couldn't imagine being happier. We actually had another name for you, just a regular, everyday name, but when you were born your mother came up with the name Charmaine which means ~~filled with delight~~ But then we heard a strange sound, on the monitor of the bed and the nurses brought your mother to the OR. I was in shock and confused as hell, the family inclusive me and you were all in the waitingroom .. The nurses said I couldn't go inside, till this day I still don't know exactly why.. 3 hours later the nurses came and told us that your mother fought for her life but couldn't fight anymore, her body was too weak, she lost alot of blood and died. It was at that moment I knew you were born to ~~delight my life, to delight our life and bring happiness and peace. ♥ ~~

He stood up and said: ''Well kiddo, I'm tired so I'm going back to bed.'' Goodnight dad, and thank you, you're welcome and have a goodnight too he said. And oh yeah before you forget Ashley called, you two have to hand in an assignment before tomorrow so that you can get your last grade of the semester and finally have holiday, you deserve it he said while walking over to the door. Thanks dad, I responded. He turned his head to me and said before I forget to tell you, your cousins will be here around 6 o' clock , so don't make any appointments with friends or what's that nigga name again? Dejean I spoke up , yeah him , dad responded. I don't know why you don't like him I said while rolling my eyes. I never said I didn't, but I just don't understand why he takes so long just to make y'all official, it just doesn't sit right with me. I know I said, but I trust him and you should too. If you say so my dad awnsered. Goodnight kiddo he said while kissing my forehead, goodnight dad, and with that being said I covered myself with my blanket and slept till the morning.