F R I E N D S

I've done a bit of editing in CHAPTER 10,
More details to the Rachel and Warner convo.
And in CHAPTER 11 between Julie n Rachel.
Just FYI, if u what to see *-*
Imma keep adding more stuff in diff chaps randomly , I'll inform y'all when I do. DW
Filler chapter, I'm so sorry that I suck at this stuff, My exams are on and I feel like shit for writing a shitty Novel.
Meh, imma try anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

✨✨✨✨

THE VIEW IS FORLORN AS ONE can expect from the top of the Reestablishment building. Sunbeams break through the dusty air, scattering into bright colorful hues. The air smells like parched paper, dry and dusty. Soldiers move around the parameter, many train while firing and shooting dummies for practice. Fading echoes of group-leader shouts reverberate around me. I rub my cheeks to remove any signs of the tears that might've had broken out earlier. My knees feel raw and scratched from sitting on the ground of the roof, the material of my jeans had long since faded from the rough washing in the asylum leaving the skin of my legs partially exposed. A sob-like hiccup escapes my lips.

I press my eyes into my hands, willing myself not to break down in tears again.

"What an asshøle." I mutter to myself. "He has no right to demand anything from us. I hope to God that a miracle happens and he dies as his corpse falls off a cliff causing his every bone in his damn body to-"

"I didn't peg you to be the silent-cursing type." A voice chuckles behind me.

I lift my face to glare at the dark haired soldier, leaning on one of his legs as he openly grins at me. My eyes fall to the name tag on his lapel. Kishimoto. I narrow my eyes at him, I remember kicking his crouch last night but his name escapes my mind. In broad daylight I notice that he actually has a good-looking face, I couldn't notice that in the dimness last night. Strangely his lean and slightly muscular body doesn't agree with his stance. It isn't soldierlike but that of a teenager. Nor did he look cold like the rest of the soldiers of the Reestablishment, but more boyish and .... fun?

"What the hell do you want?" I snap.

"Well if you're specifically asking for a list..." He tilts his head, thinking. "A big mouthwatering hamburger would be a nice start. Not that Rosie's cooking is bad, one can only eat so much of pudding. A Ferrari and a Lamborghini, a huge mansion where I can live by myself, a holiday vacation to-"

"Oh, shut the hell up." I groan. "Spare me the details of the nonexistent extravagant, holiday you plan for yourself while drooling on your pillow."

"Hey." He huffs, sitting crossed legged beside me. "I do not drool."

He didn't deny it, I roll my eyes. "Sure."

We both stare at the sky, silence hanging between us like a cushion. I don't how he got past the guards standing around the stairway constricting anyone but Warner from going up. I thought that the first person that would've come to get me would either have been Adam or Juliette. Or maybe Warner might've come up just to irk me a bit more. But I didn't expect this midnight-haired moron to come up, strutting towards me as if we were old friends rather than strangers or possibly enemies.

"So," he throws a glance at me. "Are you ok?"

"I'm freaking fantastic." I mutter, placing my chin on my knees as I glare at the horizon. My anger dissipates quickly but that doesn't mean I get back to my normal self afterwards. Now that my short-lived victory is over, I do not feel even an ounce bit happy about it. The small satisfaction had turned into a misery pit and wanted me to do nothing more than to be alone and sulk for an hour or two.