CALLED TO BE A LIGHT

BIBLE TEXT
"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." - Matthew‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭ESV‬‬

INTRODUCTION
• Light is not just important, it is essential.
• We need light to see, plants need light to bear fruit or do their own food (photosynthesis), and for other country light brings joy (bec. some depression in cold country is due to long dark days)
• Light is always compared to good, while dark is the opposite.
• Here God reminds/calls us to the purpose of our salvation, to be light in this world.
• but unlike JOHN 3:16, being a light is not for all people/world. Why is that? How can people be a light?

MAIN POINTS

I. GENUINE CONVERSION
• Being a light is being a true born-again.
***What does it mean to be a "true born-again"
• Are people who have "prayed to receive Christ," or who claim to be born again, but whose lives are no different than they were before, truly converted? I believe that the Bible answers that question with a loud, "No!"
• Those who are truly converted to faith in Jesus Christ are marked by what the Bible calls "repentance." This does not mean that they are sinless, but it does mean that they sin less. They mourn over their sin (Beatitudes, Matthew . They fight against it. When they do sin, they turn from it and turn back to following Christ as Lord.
• Evaluate yourselves tonight, am I really a Christian?
• This is very critical in this what we so called "Christian Walk"
***reason for backsliding, for being bored at reading the bible, praying and attending church.
• A genuine conversion is more than attending church, cellgroup or fellowship; it is having God's very fingerprint or heart in us.
• It is the very first step, if we lose this part then we cannot be a light of this world.

II. IMPACT
• The speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound. Sound moves at 343 metres per second (thats about 770 miles per hour!) The speed of light is a little trickier. In a vacuum it is roughly 300 000 000 metres per second (so nearly 900 000 times faster than sound
• Bottomline, you can never hide light, it will always find it's way.
• Timothy's example: "Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity."
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭ESV‬‬
• ""You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew‬ ‭5:14‬ ‭ESV‬‬
**** how can we have an impact?

By knowing and understanding what is important to God: What is important with God?

A. Your relationship with Him.
- Prayer and Devotional Life.
- Maraming Christian ayaw magpray, and that hurts God. Why? busy sa work, sa school, sa assignment, sa tv series, sa fb, twitter at ig.
- Your relationship with Him needs to grow.

B. Your relationship with Others.
- It means your loved ones, strangers and your enemy.
- Your school, your work place, our church and your community.
• If they will not see it in you, His calling and His purpose for your life will be defeated.
• It is what He expect to us as a true born-again Christian, as a disciple and follower.
• Who you are today will have a great impact ob who you will be 25 years from now.

CONCLUSION
If you profess that you are a Christian and is saved, then it is time for you to live out the calling that God had for your life; to be a Light in this world, shine like a city on a hill that cannot be hidden. Be an example in speech, conduct, life, love and purity. Let them see that Jesus is living in your heart.