IMPORTANCE OF VISION

BIBLE TEXT:
Where there is no vision, the people perish; but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. - Proverbs 29:18

INTRODUCTION:

WHAT IS VISION?
Vision is a mental picture of the future. It is an idea of what the future can hold, but has not yet happened.

Vision is the thing inside of us that guides us. It creates a desire to grow and improve. Vision embodies our hopes and ideals. It gives us a sense of purpose. Visions brings us flashes or glimpses of what is possible.

WHAT VISION DOES TO A PERSON
Wilbur and Orville Wright - two brothers in 1800, "announced that "the age of the flying machine" had arrived. Ten years of disappointing experiments followed. But on December 17, 1903, the Wright brothers made history when their small biplane lifted off a sandy beach in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. The age of air travel was born."

Henry Ford - He dreamed/envision that automobile will be seen in every american home, regardless of their status in life. Fifteen years later, millions of his car was sold at 290$.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - In 1963, "stood on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. and painted a picture of a world without prejudice, hatred, or racism. "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Billy Graham - 1940, dreamed of filling up stadiums of people who have never heard from God, as of this year, 210 million people have heard the gospel through his ministry.

Ptr. Exequel Pudpud - 2009, the Birth of VCA San Jose del Monte. He always taught us to dream big, to be be firm, for this church is built on a rock that can't be shaken and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

FACTUAL QUESTION:
Why is Vision Important?

MAIN POINTS:
1) Vision shows us where to go.
You have to look forward and see where you are going. This is important in order to avert catastrophe before it happens. Vision helps us prepare for the future. Vision keeps us on course during rocky times or unexpected set backs.

The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand. - Psalm 37:23-24

2) Vision inspires us to keep on going and overcome challenges.
We need to keep the end result in mind. For a leader, the vision needs to be strong enough to carry them through to the end. Otherwise they will stop short of their goals.

If a leader has a strong vision, little setbacks and obstacles will seem small and / or insignificant. They will work through them and persevere to the end, learning as they go. Vision helps us persevere.

For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. - Habakkuk 2:3

3) Vision provides focus.
With all of life's distractions, and people vying for our attention nowadays, it can be hard to feel a sense of accomplishment. Acting on your vision will provide you with the focus needed to accomplish your goals. Vision helps us work on what is important to achieve the end results and not get caught up in the mundane stuff.

But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. - Acts 20:24

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, - Philippians 3:13

4) Vision gives us meaning and purpose to what we do.
It will help you to see the end result of your efforts. It will give you your "why?" and the reason that you are doing what you do.

"A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done." ~ Ralph Lauren

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. - Colossians 3:1-4

In, VCA, the 3rd thing in our 10 Tenets is that WE HAVE A LIFE TIME COMMITMENT TO OUR VISION.

CONCLUSION:
Vision is what drives us to better navigate our future. It is the force that keeps us moving forward and making our heart beat fast. But, Vision from God is something more, it is what keeps us moving forward, it strengthens us and gives hope when the sun is not shinning bright.
Proverbs 29:18 says, "Where there is no vision, the people perish", do people without vision die? no. they still live but living without vision is like a canvass without a color, a money without value, a car without a wheel. No direction, nothing to expect or to be excited for the future and that kind of life will makes us feel empty, tired and like going on a merry-go-round; lifeless.

So today, ask God, "What do you want for me Lord?", "What do you see in me?" and as you are waiting to discover a God-given vision; serve, reach-out other people, and keep walking on the path He has set before you.