Dealing with the Past

Copyright 2014. All Rights Reserved. @wifi0kay

The memories of my husband and child float around my head, like a movie of my life being played. We're at a picnic in the spring time. My little boy, Rider is calling for me, for me to look at how he can throw the frisbee to daddy. I cheer as Rider makes an attempt to throw the frisbee to my husband, Kennith.

The motions and pictures of this particular memory is vivid. The colors of grass and flowers. The sunlight is blinding but warm on the skin.

My life is pure happiness. This place could be heaven.

It seems like hours have passed as my family and I play and eat. We've sat and eaten the pesto and egg sandwich that I made earlier in the morning. Finally, Kennith calls out as the sun is lowering.

"Come back Rider! We're packing up and going home."

As Rider whines, I fold the picnic blanket, while Kennith packs the basket. Rider comes to us holding his frisbee and pouting.

"We'll have another picnic soon Rider," I hear myself say.

We all pile in our old Lexus and drive off. As the clock says 6:00 P.M. I drift off. I'm so tired from the picnic. I just need a quick rest.

Then the sound of squealing tires comes and someone screaming. I'm trying to wake up. My vision gets blurry and my body feels like it is being crushed between a giant's hand. Then I plunge into darkness.

Darkness.