9: Carpe Diem!

I gave in because for once, I want to be careless. I'd take a chance because I want to feel alive again.

After exchanging numbers with Timmy, I found myself constantly communicating with him. I sometimes catch myself smiling and feeling giddy.

Getting to know him was fun. He makes me laugh and we enjoy each other's company. He'd often call me, chat with me, or send me updates about his life and whereabouts. I didn't care at first, but I eventually gave in and did the same.

His business trips abroad hasn't stopped us from keeping tabs with each other. Lately, we don't get to spend time physically but we try to make time virtually. He'd also send me chocolates and flowers from time to time.

Acting like lovestruck teenagers got me thinking, am I being treated like a Gen Z and this temporary set up is just his excuse to not put on a label in our relationship? How could he, right? How could a bachelor billionaire ask his former classmate to be his girlfriend when he is going to be married soon?

I already know the answer but the fool in me wanted to believe otherwise. I failed to recognize that he must be the type to casually date around. At least, Arnold had the guts to ask me to be his girlfriend before even if it's just for the sake of his mom.

People were already counting down the bachelor billionaire's and the socialite elite's engagement all over social media. I on the other hand, was sulking, becoming impatient, and getting frustrated.

Is this a simple catch up to Timmy? Am I just someone he deemed as a casual encounter? Why didn't he do this sooner? I am already in this rabbit hole of overthinking why he was so patient in waiting for me to fully move on from Brenth. Does he really think I'm that broken to not consider dating him or even forgive him?

I only have five days left and he made sure to make time for me.

I hugged him as soon as I saw him outside the gate.

"Did you miss me?" he asked.

"No!" I said with a pout.

"Does Arnold get a hug every time he comes home?" He teased me.

I wanted to make him jealous but I don't want it to be in Arnold's expense.

Arnold and i have established our friendship and we became less clingy with each other since the date. We're just friends after all.

"No." I told Timmy. "Arnold doesn't take advantage of me even if we live in the same house."

"Am I special?" He kept on teasing me.

I stopped hugging him and invited him inside the house.

Apart of me wanted to be clingy with him, but I fear that if I do that, I'd scare him away.

He brought me a gift but I don't really care about his gifts. More than anything, I wanted to just spend time with him.

It did cross my mind that he was probably making fun of me. Just like the old days. But why would he do that? He could have ghosted me after the date, but we've been constantly communicating since.

"Should you be special?" I asked him.

As soon as he entered the house, he held me. He initiated the hug this time.