Chapter 13:Intervention

Alex
I stared at her in silence as she read out our schedule. The dark circles under her eyes, her even slimmer body and pale face. She's begun to wear layers. From the corner of my eye I could see that Darren was doing the same thing. It's been two weeks. After the phone call, Rose didn't show up to work for two days. When she finally did show up, she was different. Not her usual cold self, but almost, robot like. I watched her eyes as they read the words on her tablet and her plump lips speak in a monotone, yet soft voice. Things have been tense, when she returned she threatened us if we ever got involved in her business again. Darren and I decided to give her some space and see if things get better but we've waited long enough. Nothing has gotten better. Rose began to turn to exit but I called her, "Rose?". She turned slowly and looked at me. "Yes Mr.Emerson?" She said in a tone that hurt my chest. "After work today, there isn't any lab duty so please come to our office to discuss some important matters" I asked, being careful not to scare or offend her in any way. Her face hardened. "Sir, does this have anything to do with actual work?" Darren replied to her "Whether it does or not doesn't matter, as your bosses we are asking you for a small favor so do as we say" Darren told her in a strict tone. Her lips tightened but she just nodded and walked out. "What the hell was that?" I said as I turned to him. "She needs to learn her place" Darren said looking out the window. "Save that for the bedroom, and besides, we can't be tough with her right now, you're gonna mess up the plan" I warned him. He scoffed then sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I know. I'm just so frustrated. Dammit why can't we have her!" Darren yelled. I nodded. She's so fucking beautiful it's like my heart is getting ripped out every day. "Well if everything goes as planned today, we'll finally be one step closer to having her." I said with a smile. "I can't wait." Darren smiled back and we continued with our work.

Darren
The rest of the day was agony as we waited for the day to end. It was 9pm and dark by the time Rose knocked on our door. "Come in" Alex said. She walked in looking mad. "What did you two need to talk about?" Alex and I stayed quiet. He walked over to her and she stood up straighter. "Rose, talk to us" he said in a soft tone. Her face didn't change from it's hard look. When he raised his hand to touch her cheek, she flinched then sighed. I felt heat rush through my body. I walked over to her in two big strides and grabbed her by the shoulders. She looked me in the eyes for the first time in weeks and I felt my heart break. She's in so much pain and it kills me that I don't know why. I pulled her into my chest and she began to cry. Alex walked over and she held onto both of us. Her body shook and she clung to him and I like her life depended on it. When she finally calmed down, Alex lifted her chin and I saw the pain on his face when he looked into her eyes. "You can trust us" he told her. She looked at me. "Please" I said then kissed her hand. She looked at me with fire in her eyes that I've never seen. She leaned in and kissed me. Her soft, warm lips had me hooked immediately as I deepened the kiss. Alex kissed her neck until he found her sweet spot. She moaned loudly and it was music to my ears. I smiled and looked up to see Alex had the same dumb grin on his face. "What the hell are you two smiling about?" Rose asked while looking up at us hot and bothered. I was about to say something when someone jingled the doorknob and the door opened. A man stood at the doorway looking extremely mad. I turned to look at Alex very confused. I looked down and saw Rose with wide eyes and trembling lips. Alex and I both stepped in front of her protectively. I could feel her shaking behind us. Whoever this man is, he's obviously some sort of threat. The guy, who's obviously around mid 40s spoke in a heavy,deep voice. "My little flower~? Get over here now"

***************************

Alie-I'm so sorry the update took so long , I've been a little busy with some stuff. This chapter was a little insight on the twins and sort of leading to a crazy event. It took me awhile because I wasn't sure how to fill in this chapter but I got it done thank goodness. My next chapters will be faster and there will probably be an update again this week. Tell me what you think about this chapter, all criticism is taken under consideration. Do you think I should involve the twins pov more or less? I'm thinking there isn't enough fire between the three of them so I'll be working on that. Enjoy and thank you for reading!