I

In this world finding your soulmate is the ultimate goal. Luckily fate is kind enough to most people and they'll find their soulmates before they're 30. On average people come across their soulmate at least by their early twenties but won't actually meet until their 25s. Sadly, I'm not one of those people.

My name is Seung-Jin and I'm 26 years old and I still haven't met my soulmate. I always knew I didn't have a soulmate because most people by 14 or 15 have their "first love" which is usually false love since only one person will see colours but they're not the correct colours.

When I was that same age I had fallen for various people and no matter what I could never see colours. Not even false ones. The world is pretty cruel isn't it?

I live in a small apartment in a small town all on my own making a living on making webcomics. Pretty ironic isn't it? I write about happy endings for romantic pairings but I will never have a happy ending of my own?

I only go out when I need to stock up the fridge again or when my family has gatherings so I'm pretty pale compared to most people. I'm also surprisingly thin and I have constant bags under my eyes from so many all nighters ^ ͜ ^

I wear big sweaters and skinny jeans 24/7 and I also wear those fashionable dust masks and light gloves whenever I'm out to avoid any skin-on-skin contact in hopes so that no one sees false colours because of a loner like me.

But I've talked too much, I'll let the actually story proceed now ⌒▽⌒

▼▼▼▼
"Geez....why can't I think of what next to draw...." Seung-Jin whined as he tapped his tablet with his pen as he sat by his desk attempting to finish this week's chapter. "Maybe I should read some manhwas to inspire me" he sighed as he scratched his head frustrated.

Seung-Jin closed the program and opened a tab on his browser and started reading a random manhwa. Maybe I should tell my readers that I might update late this time...not that I have many... he sighed but decided not to. He went to go to his fridge to get something to drink but realised he had nothing. "Ah, I forgot to go grocery shopping today this month...."

He went to go put on his dust mask which he kept on his desk with his two gloves and then went to go put on his shoes which he kept by the entrance. He walked down the stairs to the ground floor. Please don't come out. Please don't come out. Please don't come out. Please don't come out.

He heard the door start to open from the ground floor and tried to run back up the stairs to the first floor but was stopped. "Hey Seung-Jin!" The old woman under his apartment greeted. "O-oh! H-hi Mrs.Gen...." he greeted back as he looked down at his shoes nervous. "Sweetie come here, I've made sweets and luckily you are out here so I can just hand them to you instead of going up those stairs" she smiled, full of joy.

"Ah, you really didn't have to" he smiled back, still nervous as he came down the stairs. "Here you go sweetheart" she said handing him a brown paper bag full of various sweets.

Mrs.Gen was a widow in her 70s who lived in the apartment below him and always made sweets for the church she went to every Sunday but ever so often would make too many and let Seung-Jin have some.

"So where are you headed to?" She asked. "Ah...I was going to go to the store because I forgot to go buy a few things" he said, hoping she wouldn't talk to him anymore after that. "Oh okay. You wouldn't mind if I ask you to buy me two things at the Hispanic store close by right?" She asked. "Yeah, it's no problem" he said trying to hide his slight annoyance.

"Thank you! I'll just need two plantains and curry powder" she said. Wow...it would be weird if those were two ingredients for one dish...."okay, I'll give them to you once I get back, goodbye" Seung-Jin said as he finally ended the conversation and headed into the car as she went back into her apartment. "Geez..." he sighed out in relief.