Chapter 7: Time will shape us...

Nandani's POV
We came back from the trip just the same day and reached by night. Mom and dad were having dinner while I entered with my bags. "Nandani beta, you came already?" Mom asked and helped me with my bags.

"Yeah mom, Manik came back so we all decided to come back too." I said and sat on the couch with her.

"Nandani, everything is fine right. I mean, between you and Manik?" She asked being worried. Of course she would ask after her son's impulsive behaviour.

"Yeah, mom...What can go wrong. He must be having something important that he came urgently. There was only one ticket available, so I stayed back and came in the car." Yeah, I lied! Lying is an important part in our relationship, we chose it.

"Haa....Manik said the same thing." She said. Oh shit, I should have thought that he would have made an excuse for it already. Thank God, we chose the same one. "Achaa listen, Manik hasn't come down yet for dinner. Why don't you get freshen up and get him down along, we have had dinner and its already laid here. You guys can have dinner together too." She said and I agreed.

As I opened the door, I found it empty and quite. Just as the breeze blew into the room, I noticed a human figure hidden in the darkness of night. I walked closer to the balcony and found Manik gazing at the stars. "Manik..!" I called out and he turned around as if I had scared the life out of him. "Why did you leave me like this all of a sudden? You did realise that I was all alone with YOUR FRIENDS." I spoke the words that had been in my mind since the morning. But he kept looking at me for a while and then walked past me. He left the room and perhaps the house to.

Manik's POV
As soon as I left the house, I found Cabir waiting for me in his car. "Chal..." He called out to me and I went without any protest, as if it was even going to help. He started driving the car and stopped outside a bar. "Let's have a drink?" He asked.

"So you want to get all your answers by making me drunk?" I asked him in a very cold tone.

"You know I don't need to do that. I just thought you needed a drink." Cabir said very confidently.

"Fine...! Let's go in." I said and went along with him.

"Two beers please...." Cabir ordered as we sat on the bar counter. "How was your important work?" He asked.

"I didn't have any work. I just left that place because I didn't want to be there." I bluntly let the truth out as I knew it was of no use with Cabir. And also because I was so mad at him, I wish I could punch his face right now!

"Wow, so I won't have to work hard this time around. So now spill the beans....why did you come back like this?" He asked as he sipped his beer.

"You seemed to be working too hard these days I guess!" I said arrogantly.

"Okay....so it's about me? What have I done?" He asked being surprised.

"You guessed it was about you then think about what you did....." I said spitting anger at every sip I took. "Ahh....why did you ask Nandani to become friends with me? Why were you building hopes in me using your lies? Why did you interfere between Nandani and my matters?" I said banging the empty bottle on the counter.

"Sorry....but not sorry." He said and walked out. He knew he was pissing me off but still left like this. Why have I given him this right?!

"Cabir!!" I shouted and we stood by the parking of his car.

"If you can admit on liking Nandani, then I will tell you why I did what I did." He said and pulled the door open. It took me a while but I shut the door before he sat in.

"I do like her, in fact I am scared that I am beginning to fall for her." I confessed my feelings to him and he looked at me. "I was the one who suggested the deal but I guess I couldn't follow it. When I made that offer, I didn't know that I was going to notice every detail about her. The Manik who played around with every girl's emotion is now being played by a girl who is not even aware of it. But I still kept my emotions in control....I pushed her as far as possible, I didn't clear any misunderstanding that were in her mind regarding me, I was making her hate me so that I could hate her. Until she told me to become friends with her! For the first time in these few months I had a hope for....US. But then I get to know that it was you who was trying to make it seem that it was Nandani doing all this. Why Cabir, WHY!!" I shouted the last word. "Why were you building these fake hopes for me? My liking would have remained the way it was and eventually it would have faded, but now it's way more then liking Cabir....Why did you have to interfere?" I begged for his answer.

"Because I knew you liked her from the beginning and I could see that Nandani was the reason of you backing away. All I did was to get Nandani to at least know you rather then you guys taunting and hurting each other. I did say some lies but my intentions were not bad. I asked Nandani to become friends with you but I didn't tell her how to. And don't you think she is happier after all this...? I interfered because you weren't happy. I owe this happiness to you Manik, you have done a lot for me. If I could contribute something good in your life, then I will....even if I have to lie and you can't stop me from it." Cabir said.

I punched him and then hugged him. "Saale, did I do any favours on you that you are repaying me? You understand me the most Cabir and I didn't want to lose you. That's why I did all that, for my sake not to help you." I said smiling.

"No Manik....you saved my mother and me from going on the streets after my father's death by putting everything you had at stake. I still have my dad's company because of you and your family otherwise my uncle would have long thrown as out, I will always remain indebted to you." Cabir said being all senti.

"You know if anyone else saw you at this moment in this situation then they would have a heart attack right!..." I tried to lighten the moment and he chuckled too.

"That's a secret between us....and Nandani?" Cabir asked.

"I don't know what I am going to do Cabir....I have pushed myself into something too deep." I said.

"Manik....why don't you try to make her fall in love with you. Like in the movies....it always works out." Cabir suggested being back to himself. I wonder how he was capable of switching emotions so fast.

"No Cabir....I am never going to do that! If it's meant to be, then it will have to happen on it's own. I will not even try once to make her fall for me. Making her my friend, then ignoring her, then making her jealous and then confronting her....I will never use that trick. It feels like I will be pushing her in a trap that benefits me......" I said and sat in the car while Cabir drove me back.

"Then what will you do?" Cabir asked.

"I don't know....just go with the flow. I will let the time shape us....I will hold onto her till I breath but the day she wants to let go, I won't ask her to stay." I said.

Does Nandani have the right to question about Manik's behaviour after the deal they had? Is Cabir doing all this because he feels indebted to Manik for his favours or does he truly want Manik to be happy? And what's your view on Manik's love? Is him not trying to make Nandani fall for him a right thing to do or is it because he is afraid of not succeeding in it? Please do share your views....

Have you read my other stories yet?