"I told you Av. You gotta trust me."

"But this is a halo braid. I can't even do that! It's so neat," she gasped, touching her hair once more. "It's missing something..."

"What?"
Logan stood back admiring his work of art-- and he wasn't talking about the hairstyle.

"Gel."

"Gel?"

"Yes. So I can slick the little hairs back."

"It's fine," Logan took in her appearance.
"I actually prefer it like this having your curls untamed and a little fuzzy at the front. It's one more piece of you to add to the puzzle."

"You're sure it goes with my outfit?" she stood up giving him a better view.

"Of course," he assured her while heading to the door. "I think we should go before Jack starts eating himself. Did you know he cleaned out our entire mini fridge in the five minutes we got there?"

"Well that's Jack for you," she giggled. "That is why if I was stranded on an island he would not be something I would bring. He'd eat all the food!"

"Same here. I'd bring food and my cellphone in case I get bored."

"But you wouldn't be able to use it. There's no cell service," she walked through the threshold.

"The stranded island has a cell tower."

"That's against the rules."

"Why? It's my island," he countered, leaning on the hallway wall.

"Okay then, what else would you bring? You already have food, your phone with a conveniently placed cell tower."

"Avianna."

"Yes Jack," she rolled her eyes.

"Can we go now? I'm starving," he hugged his stomach making gurgling noises.

"Alright. Quit your whining let's go."

"Finally!" Jack exclaimed, sprinting down to the elevator. "I do say, hurry up!"

"We're coming," Both Logan and Avianna called out and laughed until they reached the lobby. By then tears were streaming out of their eyes and they clutched their stomach.

Stepping outside, the warm sun streamed down, delicately kissing her skin. She thanked her impeccable fashion skills for pairing a pink bohemian romper that matched the hot weather outside.

"Where are we off to Jack?" she turned around. He was laughing with Logan about something about a puzzle.

"I know a great restaurant with an outside patio that sells heavenly bangers and mash and an excellent cottage pie," his mouth watered and Logan handed him a napkin.

Annoyed, Jack pushed it away. "Let's get a move on, yeah? The line is probably stretching around the corner as we speak."

It was a five minute walk which allowed Avianna to marvel at the architecture.

On a crowded busy street, a white Victorian house stood tall. Grabbing her phone she took pictures. The white door to the concrete steps, nothing was too plain to not photograph.
While staring too long at a particular door, it opened. A young man and young woman emerged. The woman was dressed in a light black jacket, boyfriend jeans, a red, cloche hat and leading a leashed dog onto the sidewalk.

The man in a cobalt blue dress shirt sans tie, light denim and casual grey flats, bent down, giving "Rusty" as they called it, a pat on the head. He fished out a treat he grabbed out of his pocket and fed him before standing up.