Was he in trouble again?

Someone has grabbed hold of his hand, the touch shocking him as he turns to look at the owner. His vision is still blurred and his thoughts still heavy with medication, but the moment he see's those blue eyes gazing back at him, he felt something he hadn't felt in years.

A glimmer of hope lit up in his heart. The tiniest of flames, threatened at being extinguished by the gentlest breeze. At the moment he was still unsure as to why those blue eyes meant so much to him but what he did know, was that the men and women who had just entered the room were not good.

They were the ones who sent him to sleep and back to that horrible place. He knew if he was sent into the darkness again it would only be harder for him to get back out. He didn't want to leave blue eyes. He didn't want to leave the one bit of hope he had.

And so he let his feelings be heard. There was only one word really that he could think of at that moment...

...

"Lads!" Simon called out as he spotted Vik and Ethan walking hurriedly down the hallway. He readied himself for the two greetings he expected to receive and wasn't disappointed when both younger boys wrapped him in strong hugs. He laughed lightly, ruffling Vik's hair and flinging an arm over Ethan's shoulder. Looking around, he queried after their missing friend. "Where's JJ?"

Vik shrugged. "He's on his way, said he had something to do first," he explained.

Ethan frowned. "I thought this would be the most important," he muttered. His eyes were red, as though he'd been rubbing at them a lot recently.

"He said he'd be leaving straight away when I spoke to him," Simon added. JJ had sounded just as shocked, relieved and confused as the rest of them upon hearing the news.

"Guess something else came up," Vik offered, trying to defuse any anger the older boys might be feeling.

"Whatever," Ethan mumbled, looking up at Simon impatiently. "He awake yet?"

"Not yet, Tobi's in there at the moment."

"Can we see him?" Vik asked, his voice barely above a whisper, and Simon could tell that he was scared.

"Yeah, you remember what I said to you?" Simon reminded them both.

"That he looks like shit and will make me want to punch a wall in anger, yeah, yeah, just get me in there." Despite his nonchalant attitude, Simon could also easily tell Ethan was scared too, but he had to admire the bravado the younger boy was putting on, figuring he could sense Vik's nervousness and was trying to make it easier for him.

"Alright, c'mon then," he said gently, ushering his friends into the room, preparing himself for the vastly different reactions he expected. And varied they were indeed.

The moment Ethan set his eyes on Josh, his reaction was instant, rage boiling over as his cheeks rendered in anger. "Bastard!" he shouted into the quiet room, alerting Tobi, who was currently sitting by the bed, to their presence.

"Shh," Simon nudged him. Josh might not be waking up any time soon but they didn't need to go disturbing other patients. The last thing he wanted was to be kicked out of a hospital.

Ethan mumbled an apology and immediately marched over to the other side of the bed, nodding to Tobi before he sat himself down opposite him, grabbing hold of Josh's right hand - one of the few uninjured parts - and starting up a conversation about football as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Simon had to smile at his actions. An over-thinker Ethan was not, he was one of the most straight forward guys he knew; but someone like that was good to have around right now. Someone who wasn't afraid to say it as it is.